Journeyman (TV Series)

BlackKnight

Journeyman just started screening in Sydney. I've naturally gone ahead and seen everything up to date. The show is basically about a guy who begins to uncontrollably travel to other periods of time. It explores the consequences of this in his present life, but also offers a glimpse of how past events have shaped his life, and the severity of changes in the stream of cause and effect. So far the series seems to have a solid, if shallow, grasp of causality and is genuinely engaging. The plot twists and turns get progressively interesting across the season and as of right now I'm hooked.

Due to that pesky writers' strike there are only 13 episodes in production- 11 of which have aired. There is so much potential in this series that I would hate to see its first season cut short, let alone see the show axed, especially when plot threads are visibly coming together.

Does anyone else here watch Journeyman and if so what are your thoughts on the show's future?

haven't seen it. but the writers strike is really starting to piss me off. I was really diggin' big bang theory. there are only a handful of series that I watch every week and they are all in reruns cuz of that sh*t.

Yeah tell me about it. Writers Guild? Pssh. If someone can make a film without Film Guild involved, why not TV and such?

We've got to the point where writers are really exploited... a lot of what makes these million dollar revenue shows is good writing. I'm all for the writers of them getting properly compensated...

The strike is just dragging on too long. Why don't those tight as studios just do the right thing and pay them more? I heard a quote that even if all their demands were granted, and then if their pay was tripled on top of that, the entire guild still wouldn't make as much as 1 studio exec makes in a year. That's pretty flocked up.