Win2DS *Unofficial* v0.8

monkeynz

I absolutely love your program. I was so disappointed when the original dev decided to stop making it.

Thank you so much for keeping it up to date. It runs so much smoother now and is actually a usable VNC rather than a gimmick.

I just have one question however. What buttons exactly are supported by the game pad mode? I've tried to operate various games with it and not a single one of my custom keys does anything except the mouse clicks. None of the buttons like space, shift, control, alt, etc. work.

Once again, thanks on a great homebrew!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love your program. I was so disappointed when the original dev decided to stop making it.

Thank you so much for keeping it up to date. It runs so much smoother now and is actually a usable VNC rather than a gimmick.

I just have one question however. What buttons exactly are supported by the game pad mode? I've tried to operate various games with it and not a single one of my custom keys does anything except the mouse clicks. None of the buttons like space, shift, control, alt, etc. work.

Once again, thanks on a great homebrew!

I don't actually use the gamepad mode myself at all, so not sure what it was intended to do, apart from being a wireless touchpad for the computer.. I've never even tried setting custom keys for it.. lol

Will have to check it out sometime, the code for the gamepad looks pretty simple, I made a few changes to it already to allow key repeating and powering off the screens.

whoops, i meant when enabling custom keys, the keyboard appears, but you can't set any custom keys as letters, only as shift/space/alt etc.

but thinking about it, it's no biggie i don't really need it.

another release?! great!

No, you can !

Only when set it will seem as blank but it work!

The later version gamepad keyboard seem to not work properly (0.8a work/0.8b not sure/0.8c not work)

---Tested 0.8d---

Good job!

the mentioned change logs are all work perfect!

thing that need to fix..

-gamepad mode keyboard don't work in many programs(game) (but0.8a work perfect)

-fix the key repeater (configurable) / Disable it.

Merry Christmas &Happy New year!!!

Edited by Doggy124

first of all : your program is great !! thank you !!

But maybe you could add audio to the next version ?

That will lower FPS...

anyway I find the best way to watch movie by Win2DS

-close anti-virus

-set screen resolution to low

-swap the over view screen to top screen

-pull out on-screen keyboard (this will disable lower screen update, made the top screen faster)

Happy New Year 2008!!!

Edited by Doggy124

Win2DS / DS2Win v0.8e

January 3, 2008

-------------------------------------

0.80e

server - increased security (server will require correct password before allowing mouse control)

server - Capture alpha blending (transparency) is now an option (will make cursor flicker - no way to avoid this sorry!)

client - hold R button and use ABXY to change zoom ratio of zoomed screen

client - changed gamepad mode to (hopefully) improve functionality

download from: http://rapidshare.de/files/38192437/ds2win.ds.zip.html

Note to those asking for audio to be added: I can't do this, but if there's any coders out there who would like to help do it and have the code incorporated, let me know.

Actually, if anyone wants to submit any improvements of any kind please let me know!!

Tested....

So far, I don't see any bug except for old one when in gamepad mode can't use key with some program (mentioned before)

What is "Capture alpha blending (transparency)" do you mean Vista's aero?

and "client - changed gamepad mode to (hopefully) improve functionality"

What did you change? maybe I just didn't notice it.

btw, I love set zoom level : )

Thanks for update!!

Edited by Doggy124

Tested....

So far, I don't see any bug except for old one when in gamepad mode can't use key with some program (mentioned before)

What is "Capture alpha blending (transparency)" do you mean Vista's aero?

and "client - changed gamepad mode to (hopefully) improve functionality"

What did you change? maybe I just didn't notice it.

btw, I love set zoom level : )

Thanks for update!!

You will notice the previous version didnt capture windows with semi transparent borders. (If you use WindowBlinds on XP with transparent skins it will looks heaps different)

I made a change to the gamepad mode that would hopefully fix the bug you reported, but if it is still there then I guess it isnt fixed yet =) I'll have another look.

Guest 123456

Hi! I really love what you have done improving this, thanks for the dedication :D

I m going to test the new release right now...

As some mates have told, the keys in gamepad mode do not work in most programs and emulators :(

And it woul be interesting that we could pop up the keyboard during gamepad mode, sometimes is needed, As an example: When I m on the sofa watching videos in youtube, controlling mi pc from my DS, there are times that I have to write something and I have the gamepad mode on, to save battery, and I have to exit that mode and both of the screens have to be turned up just to do that...could be possible, to pop up the keyboard in a faster way with a combination of keys without getting out gamepad mode?

Thanks!

And keep up the good work man!!!