Win2DS *Unofficial* v0.8

monkeynz

Ok i think i have figured out the reason why it doesn't work for me. I checked out the cpu of my pc and when i connected with my ds to my pc it using win2ds it went up to the 90 and 100 percent. That pc has around 750 megabites of ram. I tried win2ds on my other pc and that pc has 1 gig of ram and when i used it with that pc the pc's cpu was at 60-70 percent and it worked perfect. So i think it might be the ram.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i think i have figured out the reason why it doesn't work for me. I checked out the cpu of my pc and when i connected with my ds to my pc it using win2ds it went up to the 90 and 100 percent. That pc has around 750 megabites of ram. I tried win2ds on my other pc and that pc has 1 gig of ram and when i used it with that pc the pc's cpu was at 60-70 percent and it worked perfect. So i think it might be the ram.

It doesn't need much memory to run, its more CPU intensive, as its taking lots of screenshots of your PC desktop and reducing them, then encoding them as JPEGs.

I could put a switch in the server which will allow it to use less CPU time for those of you with older computers, either by not using as high quality resizing or by slowing the refresh rate.

What CPU do you have and what speed? (Go to My Computer->Properties or System Information under accessories to find out)

0.8b

found bug in....

-gamepad mode, mouse now mess up (don't know how to explain, it jumping around)

-gamepad mode, key repeat too fast.

-not sure but virtual console seem to harder to order PC to do some thing.

Anyway... thank foe new version : )

Yea I got that too, when I put the mouse somewhere it just flies somewhere else, drawing a line or something (in Photoshop :)). I calibrated my touch screen. I was also wondering, is it possible to make the server send screenshots faster (was trying to display video but it was a bit slow, maybe it isn't possible but it would be cool).

I'll have a look into this.. the mouse code *shouldnt* have changed.. but maybe I moved something that affected it..

If you could explain "-not sure but virtual console seem to harder to order PC to do some thing." a bit more too, (give some examples) it would help

If you could explain "-not sure but virtual console seem to harder to order PC to do some thing." a bit more too, (give some examples) it would help

It's harder to click a mouse...(but that may cause ny my CPU)

anyway, can you make the mouse on PC not blinking when use Win2DS?

and...the key repeater in gamepad mode....

now we're unable to push&hold button.

Edited by Doggy124

It's harder to click a mouse...(but that may cause ny my CPU)

anyway, can you make the mouse on PC not blinking when use Win2DS?

and...the key repeater in gamepad mode....

now we're unable to push&hold button.

Yeah could be a CPU speed problem - I'll see what I can do though.. you've given me some ideas..

I'll see if I can make key repeating a configurable option in the future

It doesn't need much memory to run, its more CPU intensive, as its taking lots of screenshots of your PC desktop and reducing them, then encoding them as JPEGs.

I could put a switch in the server which will allow it to use less CPU time for those of you with older computers, either by not using as high quality resizing or by slowing the refresh rate.

What CPU do you have and what speed? (Go to My Computer->Properties or System Information under accessories to find out)

Ok my computer is a Dell DIMENSION DIM 2400 Intel ®. Pentium® 4 CPU 2.20 GHz 2.19 GHz, 768 MB or RAM. I hope thats the right information.

BTW i am pretty sure that it isn't my firewall becasue i have turned it off and have closed other applications that i have that have shileds or firewalls.

Ok my computer is a Dell DIMENSION DIM 2400 Intel ®. Pentium® 4 CPU 2.20 GHz 2.19 GHz, 768 MB or RAM. I hope thats the right information.

BTW i am pretty sure that it isn't my firewall becasue i have turned it off and have closed other applications that i have that have shileds or firewalls.

I spent a few hours last night working on a few tricks to get it running smoother on slower PCs, I will release another version soon (maybe tonight). Until then you could use one of the earlier 0.80 builds as that will probably run a lot faster on your CPU.

Win2DS *Unofficial* v0.8c

December 19, 2007

-------------------------------------

Changelog:

----------

0.80c "the non-CPU pwning version"

server - added low quality option for fullscreen to decrease CPU usage on slower systems

client - holding L button while zoomed screen is on lower screen will now temporarily disable click to enable quicker scrolling using stylus

http://rapidshare.de/files/38083691/ds2win.ds.zip.html

My favorite combo is 0.8a server + 0.8c client

0.8c server seem to have problem with window's pinball game

(Locate : Start>>>Program files>>>Games>>>pinball)

Set Z in any button...

a -set the custom key and work fine.

c -set custom key but don't work in pinball ,I tried to type in notepad,it work fine

Tried set F2 and it work fine in both version.

Also scroll function in gamepad mode is great idea but a little hard to use.

Still can't press& hold button (cause by key repeater)

Gamepad mode's mouse is now normal (not jumping anymore)

Edited by Doggy124

My favorite combo is 0.8a server + 0.8c client

0.8c server seem to have problem with window's pinball game

(Locate : Start>>>Program files>>>Games>>>pinball)

Set Z in any button...

a -set the custom key and work fine.

c -set custom key but don't work in pinball ,I tried to type in notepad,it work fine

Tried set F2 and it work fine in both version.

Also scroll function in gamepad mode is great idea but a little hard to use.

Still can't press& hold button (cause by key repeater)

Gamepad mode's mouse is now normal (not jumping anymore)

Thanks for the detailed analysis, yeah I forgot to mention I'd fixed the gamepad mouse mode.

Funny thing, I hadn't even tried out the gamepad functions at all until someone asked me to make changes in that area.

Coming in the next version - mouse won't flicker anymore, and eventually I'll get around to making key repeating an option.