PSP Battery problem

SF2MJ

I have had my PSP for nearly 2 years now.And just recently my battery is running out just after 30 minutes.Even though it says 100 % fully charged with 4 and a half hours left on startup...this is after i have fully charged it.

I have custom firmware 3.71 running at 333mghz .

Surely when it's running at 333 it should last longer than 30 minutes?.

Is it time to get a new battery that's double the power at 3600 mah or whatever it's called?.

They are going cheap on Ebay from Hong Kong.

1) Hong Kong batteries are cheap fakes and last about 60-75% as long as a Sony battery.

2) Don't run in 333mhz mode. You don't need it and it wastes battery for no good reason. 333mhz is only a 50% increase in clock speed but can halve battery life. This is because the PSP CPU doesn't run at the full 222mhz all the time but it if you set it to 333mhz you're forcing that speed the whole time.

Run at the default clock speed and you'll get better performance. Even these Li batts lose capacity over time but I think the 333mhz thing is the bigger problem here.

I thought alot of games need 333mhz.Otherwise they run slowly or seem to miss frames.

Do you set the PSP on default clock speed for the xmb and umd settings?.

I know the GTA games run badly on less than 222mhz.

Edited by SF2MJ

I thought alot of games need 333mhz.Otherwise they run slowly or seem to miss frames.

Do you set the PSP on default clock speed for the xmb and umd settings?.

I know the GTA games run badly on less than 222mhz.

Hardly any games run poorly without 333mhz. And half of the ones that do run fine if you leave them as *.iso files, not *.cso.

The default for the XMB is 222mhz, but it drops to a lot lower when just viewing the waves. I just remembered newer CFWs let you specify different clocks for the XMB and games so disregard what I said before. You still don't need to use 333mhz for many games at all though.

If you wanna buy from Hong Kong, go via Play-Asia. All the HK guys on eBay are scammers if you ask me.

lol i wouldn't say all of them are, there are a few that's not.

anyway that battery from ebay looks unsafe to me and i would be too scare to use it and have it end up exploding while i'm playing some tekken.