The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2D gameplay. XBOX 360 version. I can sleep easy now :). Chun Li and Dhalsim though... who cares about them?

Shame on you sir! Chun Li is da bomb schnizzle! She along with Ryu are the only ones I wipe filthy bottoms with!

2D gameplay. XBOX 360 version. I can sleep easy now :(. Chun Li and Dhalsim though... who cares about them?

Shame on you sir! Chun Li is da bomb schnizzle! She along with Ryu are the only ones I wipe filthy bottoms with!

talking to someone who hasn't been here for a year about a comment they made 2 years ago is pure internet win. :):(

hahahahahah

Hey, I was gone for a while. It's still a shameful thing to say!

:) right?

I just started playing Street Fighter 4 about 2 days ago after having not unwrapped the game since I bought it the day of its release. I just didn't have time to play it.

I got to say, the game play is amazing! I haven't played a game this fun in what seems to be almost a decade. Capcom did an amazing job refining this game and truly making it a blast to play. When I compare this game to Virtual Fighter 5, it may not have the same graphics, but I think the game play is much more enjoyable and entertaining.

There is one problem though... I really can not play fighting games with the XBOX 360 Gamepad. It's just not possible, as my hands get tired very quick. I'm talking after 2 matches, it becomes a pain to pull off a shoryuken.

Also, is it just me or it is very hard to do a special? Half joystick turn, half joystick turn, punch/kick? It seems to be almost impossible to do no matter how many times I try! :(

I just started playing Street Fighter 4 about 2 days ago after having not unwrapped the game since I bought it the day of its release. I just didn't have time to play it.

I got to say, the game play is amazing! I haven't played a game this fun in what seems to be almost a decade. Capcom did an amazing job refining this game and truly making it a blast to play. When I compare this game to Virtual Fighter 5, it may not have the same graphics, but I think the game play is much more enjoyable and entertaining.

There is one problem though... I really can not play fighting games with the XBOX 360 Gamepad. It's just not possible, as my hands get tired very quick. I'm talking after 2 matches, it becomes a pain to pull off a shoryuken.

Also, is it just me or it is very hard to do a special? Half joystick turn, half joystick turn, punch/kick? It seems to be almost impossible to do no matter how many times I try! :(

Dude, have you never played a Street Fighter game, ever?

Truth to be told, the game's controls are very, VERY lenient. Meaning you can just do Down-Forward, Down, Down-Forward (otherly known as 323+P, numerial notation is easier on the internet, just look at your keypad) and you'll put out a SRK every time. Specials are still the same motions as the older ones, it's just the when you fumble inputs, it's because of SF4's very lenient input system. It's just TOO lenient and you can get away with a lot of BS like just doing 123123+P and you'll get an SRK no matter what (If you were going to get crossed, you beat it, if you were just plainly get hit from the front, you still beat it). Even for supers (doing 232232+P will give you a super instead of trying to spam SRK on wake up). The slightest additional input could screw you (Dictator Ultra is 4646+KKK, but if you do it 4343+KKK or 1616+KKK or 4346+KKK or any other variation of the charges you get Teleport instead).

If anything, for someone like you, it's easier because the inputs are more forgiving then Super Turbo and 3rd Strike.

Same here. Rfus really a sucky character. i am just wondering whether they are inspired by Samo Hung or something....

In fact, most of the new characters sucked :( except for Abel IMO and to some extent, CV.

GC, X360 pad seems fine to me and I am using analog stick and this is from someone growing up with arcade stick in real arcade.

Dude, have you never played a Street Fighter game, ever?

Truth to be told, the game's controls are very, VERY lenient. Meaning you can just do Down-Forward, Down, Down-Forward (otherly known as 232+P, numerial notation is easier on the internet, just look at your keypad) and you'll put out a SRK every time. Specials are still the same motions as the older ones, it's just the when you fumble inputs, it's because of SF4's very lenient input system. It's just TOO lenient and you can get away with a lot of BS like just doing 123123+P and you'll get an SRK no matter what (If you were going to get crossed, you beat it, if you were just plainly get hit from the front, you still beat it). Even for supers (doing 232232+P will give you a super instead of trying to spam SRK on wake up). The slightest additional input could screw you (Dictator Ultra is 4646+KKK, but if you do it 4343+KKK or 1616+KKK or 4346+KKK or any other variation of the charges you get Teleport instead).

If anything, for someone like you, it's easier because the inputs are more forgiving then Super Turbo and 3rd Strike.

Thank you for the info. One thing though, I'm trying to understand this numbers system you're using.

When I look at the keypad, 2 is down, 6 is right, 4 is left, 8 is up. So what is 1 and 3 or do I not understand your numbering system? :)

the SF 4 gamepads are back in stock, they are pretty good btw!

i dunno who Rufus is based on but his moves suck and his look sickens me

i think he's a hybrid of samo hung with the bruce lee Game of death jumper and a mix of japanese peoples perspectives of what white trash is

i LOVE C.Viper though, she's very KOF-ish to me! and Abel totally fits in with the series too!