The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haven't hardly played it yet but this 360 d-pad isn't helping. Just ran through it for an hour or so to unlock all the characters. Mostly just for Akuma to be honest.

Quickest route to unlock -

1. Set difficulty to easiest, rounds to 1

2. Beat aracde mode with C.Viper, Chun Li, Ryu, Sakura, Abel and M.Bison (unlocks Gen, Rose, Dan, Sakura, Fei Long and Cammy). Continues irrelevant.

3. Beat arcade mode with M.Bison racking up a few Perfect rounds, simply sweeping back and forth with the Psycho Crusher move. No continues permitted. This triggers Akuma to battle, then once beat he is unlocked.

4. Same as 3. but you need to throw in 2/3 Ultra finishes too. Again no continues allowed. This triggers Gouken battle. Defeat him, you own him.

5. Beat arcade mode with Gouken and Akuma to unlock Seth.

Altogether it shouldn't take more than an hour to completely unlock every character.

Haven't hardly played it yet but this 360 d-pad isn't helping. Just ran through it for an hour or so to unlock all the characters. Mostly just for Akuma to be honest.

Quickest route to unlock -

1. Set difficulty to easiest, rounds to 1

2. Beat aracde mode with C.Viper, Chun Li, Ryu, Sakura, Abel and M.Bison (unlocks Gen, Rose, Dan, Sakura, Fei Long and Cammy). Continues irrelevant.

3. Beat arcade mode with M.Bison racking up a few Perfect rounds, simply sweeping back and forth with the Psycho Crusher move. No continues permitted. This triggers Akuma to battle, then once beat he is unlocked.

4. Same as 3. but you need to throw in 2/3 Ultra finishes too. Again no continues allowed. This triggers Gouken battle. Defeat him, you own him.

5. Beat arcade mode with Gouken and Akuma to unlock Seth.

Altogether it shouldn't take more than an hour to completely unlock every character.

This would have been the biggest help last nite!!!

This would have been the biggest help last nite!!!

Lol. I've had it lying around all week, just got to it last night properly. I forgot to mention for the Akuma/Gouken unlocks. For some reason you need one of the Perfect rounds to be the first or else they won't unlock. I can confirm that this is the case for Gouken at least, as I just racked up 4 Ultra finishes and 3 Perfects and still didn't unlock him :S

Exact requirements are different in virtually every place I've read. Even following the IGN instructions to the letter doesn't work for Gouken. There must be some truth in the first round Perfect statement. Will report back after this run through :P

When I unlocked Gouken I played like this:

Medium - 2 Rounds

1st - normal, normal

2nd - 1 Ultra Finish, 1 normal

3rd - 1 Perfect Round, 1 Ultra finish

4th - normal, normal

5th - normal, normal

6th - normal, normal

7th - normal, Ultra Finish

8th - normal, normal

Then the screen splits and Gouken challenges you. Normal just refers to a normal attack winning the round. I had no rounds lost either.

the thing people miss is that akuma\gouken will not show up in the 1st play through with any character. You have to have completed arcade mode at least once with whatever character you are using.

The tried and tested method of getting Gouki and Gouken (and Seth);

Gouki:

Requires Sakura, Dan, Gen, Fei Long, Cammy and Rose already aquired. Get at least 1 Perfect, no continues on any difficulty.

Gouken:

Requires Sakura, Dan, Gen, Fei Long, Cammy, Rose and Gouki already aquired. Get at least 2 Perfects and 3 Ultras, no continues with any difficulty. Can be done in any order.

Seth:

Beat the game with everyone, including all hidden characters, on any difficulty, no continues.

Also, anyone got a 1 month card their willing to part with?

The tried and tested method of getting Gouki and Gouken (and Seth);

Gouki:

Requires Sakura, Dan, Gen, Fei Long, Cammy and Rose already aquired. Get at least 1 Perfect, no continues on any difficulty.

Gouken:

Requires Sakura, Dan, Gen, Fei Long, Cammy, Rose and Gouki already aquired. Get at least 2 Perfects and 3 Ultras, no continues with any difficulty. Can be done in any order.

Seth:

Beat the game with everyone, including all hidden characters, on any difficulty, no continues.

Also, anyone got a 1 month card their willing to part with?

If I had a month card I'd give it to you!

After I got Seth though he sucks to play as :P