The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

I beg to differ. The RAGING Storm is piss easy. 360s and 720s are also easy. Vega and Guile supers are trickier but not that much of a challenge. They'd be easier to pull if you didn't have to hold DB 2 seconds really. I'm saying this because out of everyone here, I'm the only one with about 5 years of keyboard usage for all my emulated games, online or otherwise. You don't need 5 years to do all of those, just a minuscule amount of practice.

I refuse to believe you can do a Raising Storm on a keyboard consistently enough for it to be useful. I am talking about the real Raising Storm btw, and not the pissy Real Bout version.

And yes, it is 'Raising Storm' not Raging Storm.

name a game with geese in that you want me to demonstrate the ability to do the raging storm. also, everyone knows it's raging storm, even wikipedia :P

Also, might I add that K9999's motions for Tsuki... and Temee mo oucchimae!! are the same as the Raging Storm, so I could probably do them to prove the same point.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say just prove in Fatal Fury Special, but then how would you do that? And did you actually just go to Wikipedia to check that? Lol- it is Raising Storm. Ask anyone who knows these things and they'll tell you that.

emulator + fraps work for ya? No, I didn't go to wikipedia to check that. Just do a google search for Raging Storm and see the results. It is raging storm, this debate has been over for at least 6 years, even Rock from Garou's move name is the same.

Emulator + fraps doesn't prove you're using a keyboard.

Official documents all state Raising Storm. That is the name of Geese's move, whether it's a stupid official romanisation or not. The original is レイジングストーム, reijingusutoomu, and was re-romanised differently for Rock.

Emulator + fraps doesn't prove you're using a keyboard.

Official documents all state Raising Storm. That is the name of Geese's move, whether it's a stupid official romanisation or not. The original is レイジングストーム, reijingusutoomu, and was re-romanised differently for Rock.

Here it is. Complete with the finger poetry that I'm so good at. Only 3 megs:

http://rapidshare.com/files/131090590/20072008023.mp4.html

Impressive. Still looks uncomfortable to me, but you're probably used to it. Is there a reason you never got round to using a stick instead?

While it looks uncomfortable, I can assure you my hands are quite relaxed. I can play like this with my feet on the table and the keyboard in my lap. Arcades are virtually unknown in my country and so are shops that sell sticks for PCs. I could order one but the price + shipping cost would be pretty high. Not to say that it's impossible, I know people with a Hori arcade stick for instance, but I'd take a keyboard over it any day.

Basically using a Keyboard is like using a stick IMO, except for all the motions your typing them out instead. Other wise pressing the keys for basic and special normals are otherwise just on a smaller scale compared to a stick.

Also 720 and 360 skill comes with time, not with any sort of preference too controller, stick or KB. I myself can do it to a consistant degree on a controller and very consistantly only when really drunk on a joystick. I went back to controller to relearn how the basics on how to play games and I can do pretty much nearly everything on a controller when I use a stick. Charge supers are nothing, 360s are a piece of cake when ticking 80% of the time and I still whiff Chunny's super in 3s anyways!