The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

are the wrestling chars still stuck with 360 motions? I'm sure PC users that don't have extensive kaillera keyboard training such as myself will find it difficult.

Yes.

It's very unlikely that the casual gamer will buy the PC version as the PC version is meant for the hardcore guys, those who have sticks and controllers for PC.

So you're saying that if you don't have a stick or controller you're not "hardcore"?

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arcade/console ports to PC should never be played with a keyboard, unless the game in question is either a FPS or a [realtime] strategy game.

Because?

Because the keyboard is a terrible input device for just about everything. The mouse is nice for FPS and RTS games, but some people even prefer a controller for their FPS'.

Arcade/console ports to PC should never be played with a keyboard, unless the game in question is either a FPS or a [realtime] strategy game.

Because?

Because the keyboard is a terrible input device for just about everything. The mouse is nice for FPS and RTS games, but some people even prefer a controller for their FPS'.

It all boils down to personal preference really. I'd use a keyboard for just about anything except God of War-type games where I prefer a controller.

But you pointed out the problem yourself- how the hell can you do a 360 on a keyboard? Or a 720? Or what about supers like Guile's or Vega's where you have to go DB, DF, DB, UF? And there's no chance in hell you can pull off the Raising Storm on a keyboard.

So yeh, I don't know why you'd prefer a keyboard for fighting games. I agree with Mondo and Wiz- keyboard's are crap for most games and I'd say to be 'hardcore' you'd have to have something better. To consider yourself a hardcore fighting gamer a stick is required really, PC or no.

But you pointed out the problem yourself- how the hell can you do a 360 on a keyboard? Or a 720? Or what about supers like Guile's or Vega's where you have to go DB, DF, DB, UF? And there's no chance in hell you can pull off the Raising Storm on a keyboard.

So yeh, I don't know why you'd prefer a keyboard for fighting games. I agree with Mondo and Wiz- keyboard's are crap for most games and I'd say to be 'hardcore' you'd have to have something better. To consider yourself a hardcore fighting gamer a stick is required really, PC or no.

I beg to differ. The RAGING Storm is piss easy. 360s and 720s are also easy. Vega and Guile supers are trickier but not that much of a challenge. They'd be easier to pull if you didn't have to hold DB 2 seconds really. I'm saying this because out of everyone here, I'm the only one with about 5 years of keyboard usage for all my emulated games, online or otherwise. You don't need 5 years to do all of those, just a minuscule amount of practice.

Here's another thing. Me and Mago play a lot. Usually for hours. After about 3 hours of continuous play, his hands start hurting very much because of the dang blasted controller. My hands on the other hand are perfectly fine and could go on indefinitely. I for one would take firstly a keyboard or secondly a stick over controllers any day, I hate them when it comes to fighting games.

Someone said keyboards were crap after a minor amount of testing with a fighting game, and everyone else just jumped on the band wagon. Give it a shot really, for more than 10 minutes. Once you have a day's worth of playing on it, firstly offline and then online you'll start appreciating it.

the problem with keyboards is they don't register more then 3 button presses at a time. try it in a reply, press 4 buttons simultaneously. nothing will happen or only 1 or 2 of the keystrokes will register.

the problem with keyboards is they don't register more then 3 button presses at a time. try it in a reply, press 4 buttons simultaneously. nothing will happen or only 1 or 2 of the keystrokes will register.

would explain why progs like kawaks have macro's

...as for sf4, I just hope Guile isn't nerfed in this one like he has been ever since sf2turbo.

yeah that is a serious issue though. thank god for macros in this case. imagine having to do a qcfx2+ABCD, you'd never pull it off.

I beg to differ. The RAGING Storm is piss easy. 360s and 720s are also easy. Vega and Guile supers are trickier but not that much of a challenge. They'd be easier to pull if you didn't have to hold DB 2 seconds really. I'm saying this because out of everyone here, I'm the only one with about 5 years of keyboard usage for all my emulated games, online or otherwise. You don't need 5 years to do all of those, just a minuscule amount of practice.

I refuse to believe you can do a Raising Storm on a keyboard consistently enough for it to be useful. I am talking about the real Raising Storm btw, and not the pissy Real Bout version.

And yes, it is 'Raising Storm' not Raging Storm.