The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Abel looks like a Guy-copy? Guy from Final Fight?

And nobody cares about T.Hawk or Dee Jay. Capcom has showed they favour Cammy time and again- just look at how many games she is in.

Capcom needs to get laid. And they could use some "how-to-be-mind-numbingly-cool" tips from Dee Jay.

Oh, and you'll probably die in a matter of seconds once Wiz gets here and sees you dissing T-Hawk. :P

And yeah, last I checked Abel is not an American bushin-style ninja master. ^_^

edit: since you fixed it. That's wrong too. Cody is an escaped criminal, ex-street fighter. He's not as bulky as Abel, and neither is he a wrestler.

Dunno why Wiz would defend T.Hawk. I love his design as much as the next guy but in ST he is trash. More so in A3. I know you can say ST is all about matchups but flock that... he's trash~

And just remember if Capcom cared, they would've pulled him out for something before A3, and even then he wouldn't have sucked so much in it.

I wouldn't mind having every SF character ever in it. Would make me consider this game a must-buy tbh.
Same here. The new characters aren't ingenious at all so far. There had to be much fresher characters to get my attention. Even the bosses (Vegas special move, ouch) or Akuma can't bring some joy while thinking of idiots like him:

If it stays like that, SNK got a new follower (> KoF XII :P , that's what im talkin about concerning characters and FX ) .

Well, SNK has always had their characters filled with far more originality, spirit and personality. They're all awesome. But most people would rather play the latest SF2 build just because their Sonic Boom input-spamming became a bit faster. Idiots, all of 'em.

The only really awesome SF games are the Alpha games and the Marvel vs games. Characters are far more vibrant and fun to play with, and the fighting vibe is good enough.

edit: since you fixed it. That's wrong too. Cody is an escaped criminal, ex-street fighter. He's not as bulky as Abel, and neither is he a wrestler.

That's fine if you are into details of a character. To me, Abel just doesnt' look different - and SF4 is going to have too many crap looking and wrestling gameplay type of characters. Gotta agree @T.Hawk, optically he is more interesting and a fun enemy to play against.

But that's only my point of view. Am little dissappointed.

SNK characters aren't original... they're all just Jpop flunkees or bizarre anime rejects- the fact that Crimson Viper was straightaway dubbed as a KoF style character says it all.

Not that I can say much for pre- or post-SF2, but SF2 had the best and most original roster of any fighting game outside of Killer Instinct. And I'm talking both about the visual design and the gameplay design. All the SF2 cast moves and behaves differentl with unique motions and individual control of space.

but SF2 had the best and most original roster of any fighting game outside of Killer Instinct. And I'm talking both about the visual design and the gameplay design. All the SF2 cast moves and behaves differentl with unique motions and individual control of space.

Yes, I got the same impression concerning originality of the "8 starting characters", that have been mixed heavenly since SF2 appeared on screens. But to come back to the thing most annoying to me, this cook guy with mask and pan is wrestling, as far as I can see it. Abel is a "close grabbing" character, too. Further of course you got Honda (ok Asian style, but still Sumo = close) and Zangief. The fat guy i posted on previous page - am guessing he's into short range melee, kinda the same feeling.

What the hell is happening here? I want those exclusive situations like in SF2s. Every character was worth his unique style and - fun. Am I the only one concerned those hybrid guys aren't the "characteristic fighters" we loved for ages and sequels? If this is just about having known characters in an art-paint-style environment, then let's have the good fighters mentioned through this thread.

To me that "grabbing" in SF4 is a purpose to show those cut scenes, the action scenes where the camera is moving and jumping to catch the character animations (and faces :P ). That's not SF Beat'em Up to me, sorry. At least not for what I respected especially Capcom for decades.

You are right, SNK got a more Anime-ish reference to it's fightings. But why is SF4 trying the same with its franchise characters. Am glad for you guys you seem to like SF4. I just can't see why ^^.

Am not saying SF4 = bad game. It's a bad SF.

I pretty sure u expect alot of beat-em-up chars on sf but look at da past.

GIef has always been alone in the grabbing business(Dont even say Hugo!!!), so they gave him sum friends.

It was gief,

Birdie,

rainbow,

(i guess) sodom.

'But be4 that there were very few grabbers. From what I seen, I wouldn't exactly put Abel in the same category, i would say he's just well-rounded. ANd Honda....He has doesnt even hav any moves that can categorized as a "grabber" move.

IM ALL ABOUT GRABBERS! DIG THEIR HEADS INTO DA GROUND!!!

Doent the fat guy remind u of Raiden?

Edited by Shoma

I hate T.Hawk. For various reasons, I hate his level, I hate his moves, I hate how to do his moves and I hate his tick throw options. He's surprisingly went up this year in SBO Tougeki Ranking (with O.Ken too surprisingly enough as well, DJ went from bottom A to Mid/High A). I believe most of the extra characters will be either time release or console only (Dan, Bruce Lee et al.). It doesn't play anything like ST however, it plays like 3s without parrying. Just with higher damage, like ST. ST lol!

SNK characters aren't original... they're all just Jpop flunkees or bizarre anime rejects- the fact that Crimson Viper was straightaway dubbed as a KoF style character says it all.

Stop spouting fail old man. Everyone needs to get over Ash Crimson already. :D

Yes, Crimson Viper is the Capcom Vanessa with added flash, deal with it.

Vanessa will always be more awesome. In fact, Capcom managed to make Crimson Viper as fail as Ash Crimson on the design part. :clapping:

SNK has superb characters and everyone knows it. Just because SNK has a couple of stock characters, doesn't make Capcom any more original. You're forgetting that SNK has a giant roster. There's bound to be a couple of those characters you're so phobic about. Fact of the matter is, SNK has awesome characters. Deal with it. Awesome examples come to mind like Yamazaki or Blue Mary, and the list could go on and on forever. Capcom just can't design characters this good and full of personality. Although SFIII did a lot of catching up.