The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

I really hope that this game has its own storyline and they develop a whole bunch of new characters along with the original 8; I mean, judging by the screenshots, it's becoming yet another street fighter II rehash.

Agreed. Especially the known new characters aren't my taste. 2 wrestlers and 2 boxers ain't a that hot mix to me (if they keep only few characters to choose).

Nevertheless, good to know having Sagat & Co. back. Sagat's sheer presence always is welcome (along with deadly uppercuts).

Edited by Wishdokta

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really hope that this game has its own storyline and they develop a whole bunch of new characters along with the original 8; I mean, judging by the screenshots, it's becoming yet another street fighter II rehash.

Too late.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally confirmed for the 360, PS3 and also surprisingly for the PC.

US, May 27, 2008 - In what could very well be the least surprising announcement since Halo 2, Capcom issued a release today stating that Street Fighter IV would indeed be coming home on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. The game promises a return to "classic 2D Street Fighter fighting action mixed with new characters, amazing visuals, and next-generation fluid gameplay."

Returning brawlers to the roster include Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, and Guile to go along with new recruits like Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. The game is a mix of old school two-dimensional fighting with 3D elements like character models and "camera flourishes."

Street Fighter IV is scheduled to release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC sometime later in 2008.

...but who / what the hell is Rufus?

playing this on the PC would be great since i have no ps3 or xbox 360

Fei Long and Dan will be added as bonus characters to the console versions of Street Fighter IV.

The new boss of the game will be Seth "the Puppet Master".

Seth is the CEO of Shadowloo's weapons division S.I.N.

Seth has reconstructed his body (with cyborg parts?) to max out his fighting potentials.

03.jpg02.jpg01.jpg

Awesome. A Urien-esque beast cyborg, head of Shadloo's weapons division.

Source: http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/zbxe/894193#2