The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

Oh yeah, Zack's ending on DOA4 is just pretty umm..... umm...... senseless?!?

Even SF3 has some storyline progression. And it even shows on characters like Ryu and Ken where they look older than previous series.

People can connect and feel they are growing up with the characters.

Comparing that to VF characters which never grow old, no story to flesh them out (I mean, why the hell Dural is the boss for every series?!?) really hurt the characterization. Granted, it is still fun to play with deep control and mimicking actual martial arts moves but there's only so much one could take without something to connect to the characters.

I mean, at least some background like what tournament they are participating and why instead of just gather together to bash the hell of each others :thumbsup1:

I honestly didn't get that feeling while playing Street Fighter III - I just dug the gameplay and the graphics. As for the new characters they brought in... what a joke! Come on, a sperm fighter and a guy that was half fire and half ice!

As for VF characters, compare the first three games characters to VF4 and 5 and you'll notice an age difference. The instruction manuals gave me a good summary of the previous tournaments winners as well as individual characters profiles.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd agree that the characters introduced in SF3 weren't all that great.

the twins are good. but other then that I don't care for the others.

I don't get why they would take out well loved characters to replace them with clones. (zangief > Hugo ect. ect.)

gameplay wise I feel SF3 is the penecle of 2d fighting though.

Well all in all I hate the SF3 roster. It's a joke. The only good story SF ever had was in the Alpha series. SF3 was just a sh!tload of "meh" when it came to that. Sure, the gameplay is good but they're not really fleshed out that much to make me care.

Naw, your just used to retardedly huge rosters.

I'd agree that the characters introduced in SF3 weren't all that great.

the twins are good. but other then that I don't care for the others.

I don't get why they would take out well loved characters to replace them with clones. (zangief > Hugo ect. ect.)

gameplay wise I feel SF3 is the penecle of 2d fighting though.

Because storyline wise, they were done. Finished. Out. Sim retired, Gief went back to Russia and danced, Dictator is dead so Guile goes back to his family, ditto for Cammy, ditto for Chunli too while were at it, Deejay is Deejay, Boxer took over Shadow after Dict died and ran it to the ground (GBASF2), Claw went back to being Pretty Boy/Serial Killer, Blanka is with is mom again, Fei-Long quit life, T.hawk went back home.

Honestly, the only character whose story wasn't completeled was Sagat's. He never faught Ryu in SFII official.

Hugo =/= Gief clone is so wrong. The only thing in common is that they have 360s and are grapplers. Incidentally, now SF3 is considered good now then it was back in 99. But hey, pursuists go "It sucks because it doesn't have X character" or "Parrying ruined the game." It's the same bullshit when people say A3 is the best SF game because of ISMs and has a huge roster. V-ISM broke the game, shut the hell up world.

Because we all know quanity =/= quality.

I like A3, its fun. but for a serious game I go with A2.

as for the characters being done. well I guess they wrote themselves into a corner. According to the article in EGM Ono said Capcom was really done with SF after 3rd strike. And had ZERO plans for IV ever. so I guess the loose ends were tied up as far as they were concerned. Ono and others had to really push it. along with the success of SFII on XBLA. prolly explains why IV takes place between II and III.

I may be used to retardedly huge rosters but that doesn't change the fact that SF3 chars are boriiing as fukc. It's all the same crap. poke poke poke, super move. And while you guys try to praise the SA1/2/3 choice bullcrap, it's just a way to increase replayability because they couldn't think of any other way.

Parrying didn't ruin crap, it's fun and can turn the tables around, and it should be like that in a fighting game.