The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

yes but when your beating someone up the last thing you think about is how is this going to affect the plot. :punk:

I'm not surprised. If the characters are just empty shells or stereotypes, why should you care about them or what winning or losing would mean to them? You don't know anything about them.

That's the problem. I also take issue with the pointless ladder progression in VF... each fight as meaningless as the last. Not to mention the ludicrously nonsensical final boss.

Because VF is about the GAMEPLAY! Authentically representing a martial art and bringing it to you in an unmatched technically in depth experience that no other story driven fighting game can match.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess then I'm young then by your standards.

edit: lol fatel is going vf defensivemode

edit 2: fatal is also a realistic junkie. accepting no more then that, it's like how all those guys on SRK still say Tekken & VF suck (Tekken to a degree does suck, and everyone just hates on DOA, so that doesn't really count). I called it like it is, too bad you didn't speak to those who actually do care about design and story. Hell all those KOF geeks even keep up with it.

KoF geek right here, superb stories, event the 3D crappy ones hehe. Anyway regarding the game, it's all very "meh" to me. If the game doesn't have at least 15 characters, it's going to get boring FAST for me... we'll probably get milked with all the new patches and crap /slitwrist.

I really hope the camera is bloody static BUT with configuration options.

Not digging the combat system. No air blocking is a gigantic piece of sh!t.

Not digging the hulkish nature of the poster boys. Hope there's characters with some finesse in them.

I may be wrong because I'm talking outta my ass here, but if those EVO or OVO or whatever players play like Magnis and most of you do, pattern-frenzy, it's gonna blow so bad...

Storyline is important in a fighting game. from there, you can see how a character been fleshed out and help to endear the characters to the users. Which is why Tekken has more following outside Japan. Which is why people still play DOA4 not just for the jiggling boobies.

KoF geek right here, superb stories, event the 3D crappy ones hehe. Anyway regarding the game, it's all very "meh" to me. If the game doesn't have at least 15 characters, it's going to get boring FAST for me... we'll probably get milked with all the new patches and crap /slitwrist.

I really hope the camera is bloody static BUT with configuration options.

Not digging the combat system. No air blocking is a gigantic piece of sh!t.

Not digging the hulkish nature of the poster boys. Hope there's characters with some finesse in them.

I may be wrong because I'm talking outta my ass here, but if those EVO or OVO or whatever players play like Magnis and most of you do, pattern-frenzy, it's gonna blow so bad...

And you should see KOF played on the competitive level. Poke, Poke, Poke, Poke, Block, Poke, Poke, Poke cancel into DM. 98 and 2k2 are the only KOF games worth playing.

Storyline is important in a fighting game. from there, you can see how a character been fleshed out and help to endear the characters to the users. Which is why Tekken has more following outside Japan. Which is why people still play DOA4 not just for the jiggling boobies.
I agree with that. With Tekken, Namco just retconned a whole bunch of shiet so they could bring back nearly everyone legitmentally (At least their true to their word on Jun. She's dead and never coming back). DOA's story in itself is pretty shallow, but it connects all the characters together, even the useless ones (Zach lol).

Oh yeah, Zack's ending on DOA4 is just pretty umm..... umm...... senseless?!?

Even SF3 has some storyline progression. And it even shows on characters like Ryu and Ken where they look older than previous series.

People can connect and feel they are growing up with the characters.

Comparing that to VF characters which never grow old, no story to flesh them out (I mean, why the hell Dural is the boss for every series?!?) really hurt the characterization. Granted, it is still fun to play with deep control and mimicking actual martial arts moves but there's only so much one could take without something to connect to the characters.

I mean, at least some background like what tournament they are participating and why instead of just gather together to bash the hell of each others :punk:

well in VF Lau (sp) is getting older. in fact he looks like the crypt keeper now.

Oh yeah, Zack's ending on DOA4 is just pretty umm..... umm...... senseless?!?

Even SF3 has some storyline progression. And it even shows on characters like Ryu and Ken where they look older than previous series.

People can connect and feel they are growing up with the characters.

Comparing that to VF characters which never grow old, no story to flesh them out (I mean, why the hell Dural is the boss for every series?!?) really hurt the characterization. Granted, it is still fun to play with deep control and mimicking actual martial arts moves but there's only so much one could take without something to connect to the characters.

I mean, at least some background like what tournament they are participating and why instead of just gather together to bash the hell of each others :punk:

lol like a3?

Because technically all thsoe fights didn't happen in a3. A couple of sparring-friendly matches and alot of talking is what happened.