Dreamcast 2 in the works?

Mooney

On August 13, 2007, video game developer Sega Corporation filed a new application to protect the trademark Dreamcast.

While the existing Dreamcast filing for the same class and codes is still active, the new filing relates to: “home video game machines; player-operated electronic controllers for electronic video game machines; video game interactive controller, namely, hand held pads, and floor pads or mats; joysticks for video games; computer cursor control devices, namely, computer mouse; flash memory cards; video game software, computer game programs”.

Mork is quick to notice that the original Dreamcast didn’t have a “floor mat” accessory. Also, the Dreamcast’s Visual Memory Unit (VMU) was far from the “flash memory cards” we know and use today. One could read these as clues of a new Dreamcast console.

While there have been Dreamcast 2 rumors for a while, and a substantial market for refurbished Dreamcast units in the gaming and hacking communities, other than this new trademark filing, there’s been no substantial indication that Sega will be releasing a new, redesigned Dreamcast unit and accessories. A recent Dreamcast movement to Bring Back the Sega Dreamcast has gamers hoping that Sega will release a Dreamcast 2 console on 09/09/09, ten years to the day after the release of the original Dreamcast unit.

Source

as much as id like to see it happen,i think this is more to do with the download side of the dreamcast games that are getting released for 360 and probably the rest to come. :thumbsup1:

dc the legend will never die!

Edited by fumanchu

as much as id like to see it happen,i think this is more to do with the download side of the dreamcast games that are getting released for 360 and probably the rest to come. :)

dc the legend will never die!

It would be nice if we can play online the Dreamcast online games :thumbsup1:

I can see it, if Sammy thinks they can cash in at all, they'll do it. The merger with Sammy (Buy out if you will) made them very strong, and although they've seen downfall in some areas, other areas have made them alot of money.

Also, how can this be 360 related? Since when does the 360 have any of those kinds of peripherals, made by MS at least?

If this happens i will make a video of me running around in my draws and a shirt in the streets saying DREAMCAST LIVES and i will post it on site

I may have to star in the straight-to-DVD sequel of this (should the Dreamcast 2 ever happen).

I'm inclind to say it's for official Sega branded stuff to be released on various consoles. Like maracas and shi t