My xbox arcade cab

bulge2

just posted this on xbox scene, thought it really deserves to be posted here. The single best way to enjoy an xbox :P

ok heres my 2 xbox cabs that i have converted from a xmen capcom cabinet and a golden tee

cabinet. They are both running on XBMC with a modified Slate skin. i have taken out all bits like pictures/movies and changed bits for a easy front end.

i used a xbox to jamma converter which i purchased off ebay.

CAPCOM CAB

07022007351.jpg

07022007356.jpg

09022007360.jpg

07022007355.jpg

GOLDEN TEE MAME CAB (lots more work - custom CP - vinyl overlay etc)

HOW it was

goldentee.jpg

CONTROL PANEL DESIGN PHASE

23032007373.jpg

CONSTRUCTION PHASE

04042007379.jpg

04042007376.jpg

24042007393.jpg

10072007532.jpg

WIRING AND TESTING PHASE

25042007394.jpg

14062007403.jpg

10072007529.jpg

GETTING THE ARTWORK ON THERE

10072007532.jpg

FINISHED PROJECT

28082007560.jpg

28082007562.jpg

28082007561.jpg

28082007563.jpg

cant wait for new version of Arcades BP. :thumbsup1:

thats freakin sweet. I really like the second one. what front end are you using on that one? I would love to turn my old xbox into a dedicated SFIII, MvC2, CvS2 & cps2/neogeo arcade cab.... maybe someday.

its just XBMC with a modified Slate skin. i basically just edited the XML files for the skin and moved stuff about changed the font, got rid off some stuff till i liked it.

all of the emulators/games on there have custom/modified wide icons that XBMC does so well.

i am currently building another one identical to the second one - which may find itself on ebay soon. :D with no roms i must add

Edited by bulge2

its just XBMC with a modified Slate skin. i basically just edited the XML files for the skin and moved stuff about changed the font, got rid off some stuff till i liked it.

all of the emulators/games on there have custom/modified wide icons that XBMC does so well.

i am currently building another one identical to the second one - which may find itself on ebay soon. :D

Wouldn't it be illegal, if you would sell a modded Xbox with roms and emus on it?

But looks really great dude!

Edited by MasterPhW

Wouldn't it be illegal, if you would sell a modded Xbox with roms and emus on it?

But looks really great dude!

yeah - it would have to be supplied with no roms like all the other xboxs and mame cabs on ebay

Edited by bulge2

That is one beautiful arcade cabinet! You can probably sell it for over $1,000 on eBay. How much did it cost to make with all the parts and tools?

well i did a break down but i cant find it but it cost me about £350 so $700 ish to build, but i couldnt even quantify the amount of man hours tha have gone into this - design and build of the cab - the front end and getting everything on the box working spot on. i had to reconfigure everything for the emus and games etc etc etc.

but id do it over and over as its a great hobby and the end result is great to use everyday :D

• 5 months later...