Bill of rights...what a joke

P.S. There is nothing wrong with socialized medicine. Why the hell should someone with lots of money get better treatment than someone who is poor? That's just bullshit. Some kid with a broken leg who's parents aren't well off has to either deal with it, or go to some charity hospital and wait for 12 hours, but someone with loads of money can walk in and pay and get quick/better treatment.

I think the US medical system is a ridiculous joke. Capitalism at it's worst, lets make loads of money off the sick and injured. Some people have to sell their damn homes to cover the cost of medical care.

Oh and gas prices? GIVE ME A F**KING BREAK! You Americans get OUR gas for cheaper than we do. Nearly half the price FFS. Gas is under $3.00 a gallon on average in the US right now, it' $1.20 a litre here! That's almost $5.00 a gallon!

1/3 of US gasoline comes from Canada, and you pay less for it than we do. WTF

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so what about all the rest of our rights as American citizens?

Amendment One

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment Two

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment Three

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment Four

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures , shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue , but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment Five

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment Six

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment Seven

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment Eight

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment Nine

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment Ten

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Also what I was trying to say, is that so many people biatch, and biatch, and biatch about our government, saying how bad bush is...but don't do anything cause they don't know that they can. It's got a lot to do with the fact that most of America who aren't "illegal" immigrants or whatever....are too lazy.

Even though, we shouldn't have to deal with "illegal" immigrants...because aren't we all illegal immigrants anyway...if you aren't native American....?

the only thing that I don't like about them is that they whistle at me when I walk down the street, or they blabber really fast in Spanish...for no reason, when they know English.

I don't think I had ever read the bill of rights entirely; now it's done. However, I don't see how it wouldn't allow what you call socialized medicine:

socialized medicine

–noun

any of various systems to provide the entire population with complete medical care through government subsidization and regularization of medical and health services

Actually, I fail to see how a system aiming at providing the entire population with complete medical care would be bad.

Maybe these immigrants are blabbering really fast in spanish because spanish is their native language and that they speak it better than english. Or did I misunderstand and you meant that they spoke spanish to you?

You're right that immigrants don't need to be "dealt with". They help the U.S. economy to the point that without them, it would collapse. Taking immigrants as scapegoats is unfortunately a problem common to most rich countries.

Socialized medicine is a very touchy subject. As a future physician I would love to see everyone to be able to go to a doctor when they're sick but also see doctors when they're not sick to prevent future illness. Prevention is one of the major things that I think the current health system really needs to move towards. However, the way the system is set up in the US goes totally against everyone getting the same amount of care.

But it is also important to realize that healthcare, like everything else, is a limited resource so there is a scarcity. In our free market society, all scare goods lead to conflict which leads to choice on how those resources have to be spent. We do not live in an ideal world where anything, even health care, can be made to violate that just because we feel bad that not everyone is getting equal care. There are a limited number of doctors, nurses, physicians assistants, nurses assistants, limited time, limited medicine, limited gauze, limited hospital beds, limited everything so all of those resources have to be parceled out in some way and that way in this country is who has the most money and best insurance.

I don't think the current US system is the right way to go. There is so much wasted money and time in this system it is ridiculous. But I don't know what the right system would be so I have no answers on that. And no, the Canadian system is not the best or end all be all of healthcare systems.

Please keep this topic alive till next Tuesday which is when I can dedicate more time to discuss this because I have my final test of the semester on Tuesday morning and I really really really really have to study from now till then.

I don't think I had ever read the bill of rights entirely; now it's done. However, I don't see how it wouldn't allow what you call socialized medicine:

Well it deprives the doctors their constitutional right to free enterprise.

What would happen, is the government would decide where what funds are spent. This socialized medicine would cost a STAGGERING NUMBER. Inconceivable. And I don't like this idea, because of the proven costs, from the "tax payers dollars" like a 15,000 dollar extravagantly carved wooden desk. And every other bullshit purchase of the like, on our dollar.

I hurt my back last Thursday. I am under sooo much stress, my back has been ridiculously tight. Well I leaned forward, and Flocked up my back. Well I made a claim today, for workmans comp. When I visit Centra Care tomorrow, they are going to drug test me. I don't do drugs anymore, BUT, If I smoked some weed 2 weeks ago, it would show up. And thus, they can deny me workmans comp. Even though smoking weed 2 weeks ago, would have NO impact on judgment. Nor would it have any impact on judgment a day after. Forcing me to float it on my bill, which just isn't right.

So what I am inclined to think, is that there will be generalized rules and conditions, that can reject someone with particular circumstances. And rules without exemptions, is foolish.

For instance. I let my insurance lapse twice. When you don't have insurance, they suspend your license. Well I was driving on a suspended license and got pulled over a FEW times. Well I had to show up in court. The Judge told me, that I had to get my license in 30 days, or I was going to jail. Well I spent 500 dollars re-instating my license, and another 450 dollars on various necessities. Insurance, tag, bla bla. Well I went back to court, and had my license, it cost me almost 1000 bucks. Well I didn't go to jail, but 3 weeks later, I got a notice in the mail, that my license was suspended again, due to points. (being pulled over 3 times) I had no idea, But I guess it is my place to know such things. Anyway, the note stated that this was my 3rd suspension in 5 years, therefore labeling me a habitual. Meaning I can't drive for leisure, for 5 years. I can't even take my girl out to dinner!!!! It cost me 1000 bucks, for nothing more that staying out of jail. It's my fault, but FLOCK THAT! There are people who drive drunk, and cause terrible tragedies, that are still aloud to drive!!! Sure this is my fault, but I feel that I am overlooked from the "NORM' and the law leaves little to no exception for people, that fall through the cracks. I have spoke to a few officials, and I get no help.

This is what I fear when things are governed so generally.

AND I do not agree with the way things are going now, medically. I have no answers. Perhaps that is the problem. We don't like something, and do know we can do something, but what the hell are you going to do? What? WHAT? It's like Jinga. Pull the wrong piece, and the damn thing falls over.

I have so much to say, but who doesn't. So I digress.

We can't fight against the government. They're stronger than us. They've already won. They're going to milk us and squeeze us and drain us of assets to pad their luxurious homes and 90% of the population is going to enjoy it.