ports that were better than arcade!

fumanchu

which games did you play on console and think it was actually better than the arcade version!

mines-

tmnt turtles in time-snes

strider-megadrive

radiant silvergun-saturn

any games from back whenever or the most recent ports!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden Axe... wasn't better technically but it was longer and had the duel mode.

did you ever play the game that came out in the arcade,i cant remember the name but it was a 1on1 fighter with the golden axe characters!just wondered if it was any good. :D

Edited by fumanchu

Golden Axe... wasn't better technically but it was longer and had the duel mode.

did you ever play the game that came out in the arcade,i cant remember the name but it was a 1on1 fighter with the golden axe characters!just wondered if it was any good. :D

Golden Axe: The Duel? Yeh I've played it. Its pretty trashy though- its a typical 2d fighter of that time except it didn't have any of your favourite GA characters in it except Death Adder. He's in his GA:TRODA form though and not as cool / menacing as the original.

I'd have to say Street Fighter Alpha 3 was better on psx. world tour mode was fun. and the extra characters were nice. I believe they added a few more characters to the PSP version as well

I'd have to say Street Fighter Alpha 3 was better on psx. world tour mode was fun. and the extra characters were nice. I believe they added a few more characters to the PSP version as well

Then again the sprites on the PSX version and the loading times were both pretty nasty. It doesn't feel as good as the arcade one.

The Dreamcast had a better World Tour, the new characters and none of those other problems- it was the best version I think. Upper was based on it as well.

Then again the sprites on the PSX version and the loading times were both pretty nasty. It doesn't feel as good as the arcade one.

The Dreamcast had a better World Tour, the new characters and none of those other problems- it was the best version I think. Upper was based on it as well.

I believe the Dreamcast version WAS Upper sans the name if I recall. Being also released on Naomi and all.