Top 10 Fighter games of all time

Mag

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28348.html

This is almost perfectly correct. I fully agreed on #1, #2 however #3 to me is never a fighting game, it's more of a side scroller beat em up or 4 player action game (kinda like Power Stone series).

I'm so glad GT knows what to choose as #1 and not something like smackdown vs raw >__>(MTV award idiots) or I'll go rawr for their stupidity.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so geared up for #1 to be SF2.... and then they switched it out for something a lot of people might have never heard of.

I respect that.

I like Street Fighter 3rd Strike, but IMO, it doesn't have the right to beat Street Fighter II.

And why was Super Smash Bros Melee in there? That's a completely different fighting game and it didn't fit with the bunch at all. However, I did believe Mortal Kombat belonged there as that is also a classic, especially MKII.

BTW, I think Fatal Rose is going to be happy that VF5 was in the bunch as he's been playing it like a mad man these days. :)

I like Street Fighter 3rd Strike, but IMO, it doesn't have the right to beat Street Fighter II.

SF2 might have the legacy and may have been one of the first or whatever... but at the end of the day its a stiff, broken, ugly dinosaur of a game.

SF3 is at least everything SF2 was, just refined a great deal and a lot more fun to play. Not to mention prettier. Impact aside, SF3 is definitely the better game.

SF2 might have the legacy and may have been one of the first or whatever... but at the end of the day its a stiff, broken, ugly dinosaur of a game.

SF3 is at least everything SF2 was, just refined a great deal and a lot more fun to play. Not to mention prettier. Impact aside, SF3 is definitely the better game.

Well, we don't have to compare the very first Street Fighter II. How about the revised Super Street Fighter II Turbo that came with Street Fighter Anniversary? If we think about it that way, then I still stick with my stance that the game is better than SF3rd strike. The soundtrack for the original SF2 series has yet to be matched to any other fighting game IMO (except Street Fighter EX2 Plus) as well. SFII is a true 2D fighting game and it revolutionized every other fighting game thereafter. You can never deny the founding father. :P

Well, we don't have to compare the very first Street Fighter II. How about the revised Super Street Fighter II Turbo that came with Street Fighter Anniversary? If we think about it that way, then I still stick with my stance that the game is better than SF3rd strike. The soundtrack for the original SF2 series has yet to be matched to any other fighting game IMO (except Street Fighter EX2 Plus) as well. SFII is a true 2D fighting game and it revolutionized every other fighting game thereafter. You can never deny the founding father. :P

Super Turbo still isn't 3rd Strike. I think 3S is better than any SF2 revision, taken as games on their own. If you're going for historical significance then yeh SF2 is up there. But in terms of how good games they are, its like trying to make a case for Pong being on the greatest games of all time list. Sure it was important... but the today the game itself just sucks.

Man, T3?!? Why not T5: DR instead. If they choose VF5, they should choose T5: DR. Also, Killer Instinct?!? Suckso. And I agree with GC.

SF2 should be the best ever. It is the only one that really capture the imagination, and the wallet that time.

(SFAnniversary's SFII is HSF.)

Uh, no. Besides your tastes are horrible when it comes to fighting games. 3s is the defining moment in the SF series as a whole as it brought a new system that is simply one of the best and most refined fighting game systems ever developed. HSF's system is still broken, as it kept ALL the bugs from previous final revisions. And it's sytem is still not refined enough. Or maybe it's because you suck at 3s I dunno.

Man, T3?!? Why not T5: DR instead. If they choose VF5, they should choose T5: DR. Also, Killer Instinct?!? Suckso. And I agree with GC.

SF2 should be the best ever. It is the only one that really capture the imagination, and the wallet that time.

I'll tell you why. People have put tons of quarters into it, as oppose to TDR. Sure TDR is doing well, but majority says T3 is still the best. VF5 on the other hand is welcomed to take the top spot from V4FT.