Are you right brained or left brained?

esoteric

dancernj0.gif
The only way I can see it turn anticlockwise is to scroll the page up so I can only see below her knees.

Otherwise its always clockwise. By comparing the way her ass and upper legs are positioned, its obvious it can only be clockwise.

Am I missing something? Perhaps it's because of my ability to see through illusions.

Ah-hem. Explain to me then... HER SHADOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless her shadow is fake, she IS going counter clockwise...

All this is, is a blacked out figure. No sense of depth is supposed to remain, but there is a shadow, which is an error or perhaps mis-information to trick you into thinking it is going counterclockwise. Unlikely

With NO depth, It would be impossible to tell if it is going either direction. For in this picture, if you think of her leg as being in the foreground, or in the background, in either pass, it will easily change the direction she is going, in your eye. EXCEPT the fact that her shadow is a clear giveaway that she is indeed going, COUNTER CLOCKWISE.

Also, a side note. I see her raised leg is not flush even. What I mean is, if she appears to be going Clockwise, she also appears to be slightly tilted forward. If she appears to be going Counter Clockwise, it also appears that she is slightly tilted backward, or away from you.

Also, fake doesn't matter. With no depth, it is impossible to distinguish true movement. It's just as simple as that. The illusion is, just that. No depth. Except for the shadow mistake.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's NOT fake. I went ahead and loaded this up in an animation software and it has 34 frames. I am able to control it on command now. It's simply an optical illusion.

Analyze each frame for yourself as you can download it in the zip below. Simply load the first image in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and hold the RIGHT arrow key to go forward into the animation and it'll play just as it regularly would.

dancer.zip

I only see it clockwise but it was making me motion sick to look at it for a long time so I dunno if I coulda got it to go the other way.

I think I figured this out, Depending on what area I focus on first determines which way I see it. This is probably because I do a lot of animation and i'm looking for things only an animator would.

I can't help but do it either :/ for instance if i look at the hand or something I determine which way its going and then logic fills in the rest. same with the shadow/foot/hair/etc.