fps too much!

fumanchu

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are FPS beside Team Fortress 2? I hadn't noticed them.

dude what's your steam ID we should play some TF2 sometime :)

mines

ragingMAD

add me :)

Mondo, I think. I'm still getting used to Steam, haven't used it much. Used to play everything using someone else's account. *wink*

There are lots of them right now, but FPS are the bread and butter for PC gaming, and are gaining in popularity on the consoles. If people like them, more will be made. And it's not a recent thing - there were lots of FPS 5 years ago and also 10 years ago (but moreso on the PC).

But there are other games and game genres out there, whether you play on a PC or a console. And if that doesn't satisfy you, you can always download independent games or retro games off the internet. And it's for these reasons that I scoff at people who think that FPS are somehow pushing other genres off the gaming landscape. That's just tosh.

Finally, originality is hard to come by. Believe me - I write fiction, and I draw abit, and it's hard coming up with new stuff, and that's why I no longer bag the games industry for being unoriginal.

Having said that, if a game is unoriginal and fun, then it is still worth playing, in my opinion, because it's fun. And also, I think games like Crysis and Bioshock are trying to introduce innovative concepts into the genre, so it's a good time to be a FPS fan who wants something different.

COD4's single player is pretty good, lasts 5-6 hours though (beat it on Hardened btw). But it's main draw isn't it's SP campaign (even though it's good and all), it's the MP mode. COD has lived on mostly for the multiplayer

Crysis might get bored? NEVERRRR I can't wait til I get my hands on the geforce 9 series card, and if it doesn't run Crysis on maximum on near perfect framerates, I'll go rawr!

I had the chance to play Crysis on a fairly beefy PC today.

Not making a call on the gameplay, the graphics were very unimpressive- nowhere near what I'd been led to expect. In places it really looked ugly. Never thought I would say that about 'the' Crysis. I didn't expect to be able to max out the game, or for it to look absolutely stellar at lower settings but damn am I underwhelmed.

call of duty 4,unreal 3,halo 3............

do you think there is too much fps out there just now?

i sometimes feel there is a lack of originality and the same old is being released time after time.

sequal after sequal keeps getting churned out, do you guys feel that the games industry has stagnated.i know there are some original games out there but not enough for my likeing! :(

the wii seems to be the console of choice for a bit of something different.

what do you guys and gals think?

Believe it or not, FPS are little compare to other formats. It's just the FPS games tend to be the most popular and feel that's all they ever make. They get the most coverage and talked about.

Back in Aug. they did a run down of all the games on the XBox 360 and guess what? Only 17% of all the games were class as shooters....

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/12/xbox-360...2-of-good-games

xbox360-genres-chart.jpg

There are more Sports games and Action/Adv. games out there. How can you miss the sports games? They come out with a new version every year.

call of duty 4,unreal 3,halo 3............

do you think there is too much fps out there just now?

i sometimes feel there is a lack of originality and the same old is being released time after time.

sequal after sequal keeps getting churned out, do you guys feel that the games industry has stagnated.i know there are some original games out there but not enough for my likeing! :D

the wii seems to be the console of choice for a bit of something different.

what do you guys and gals think?

Believe it or not, FPS are little compare to other formats. It's just the FPS games tend to be the most popular and feel that's all they ever make. They get the most coverage and talked about.

Back in Aug. they did a run down of all the games on the XBox 360 and guess what? Only 17% of all the games were class as shooters....

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/12/xbox-360...2-of-good-games

xbox360-genres-chart.jpg

There are more Sports games and Action/Adv. games out there. How can you miss the sports games? They come out with a new version every year.

youve got a good point there!maybe i just get bored too quickly,they say gears of war is an ecellent 360 game i havent played it yet and i really want to get into these type of games but i just cant find a fps that i can get my teeth into!