What is the best program for creating home dvd's with pics and video?.

SF2MJ

What is the best program for creating home dvd's with pics and video?.

I want to combine pictures i have taken and video footage from my mini dv camcorder...and put them on a blank dvd-r to view on my t.v.

I want a program that let's you create a custom menu for your home movies as too.

Apart from Ulead video studio 11 which i am using and which makes me lose quailty after capturing footage from my handycam.

Use Adobe Encore DVD CS3. It is pretty straightforward and lets you do most anything you want to.

If you want to create really intricate menus, you can make them in Photoshop and export the PSDs with button groups, or if you know your way around AfterEffects you can make some really good motion menus in there. In each case you can just import what you make back into Encore to use in your DVD.

Encore itself lets you put together basic custom menus and arrange the DVD timelines however you want even if you don't want to bother with those other apps- its definitely the program I'd recommend.

Is Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 any good?.

It doesn't make DVDs. It is a video editing program and my favourite one.

Professionally, Avid MediaComposer is the most respected program for video editing. FinalCut Pro is gaining popularity but still can't touch Avid. Premiere Pro comes in a distant last in terms of industry adoption, but if that doesn't bother you then use it. It's by far the most user friendly solution for a Windows environment and as I say unless you're a professional you really won't know or care about the differences between the 3.

Just to reiterate, I love Premiere Pro.