Unreal Tournament III

BlackKnight

How about that? Famous characters from the Unreal Tournament series will NOT be in-game characters in UT3.

Malcom, champion of UT99 and UT2004 is in cutscenes, but not playable either as him or against him. Brock a main character in UT99, UT2003 and Unreal Championship 2 will not be playable either. Xan, the original tournament champion (and notoriously difficult boss) from UT99 and UT2004 is also absent.

None of the teams from previous games, except Iron Guard, return either. Gorge, champ of 2003, and his team of Juggernauts are all missing in action. What the hell?

Does this annoy anyone else as much me? This will mark the first time any of these guys have been missing in a UT game since their first appearance. This includes the 2 Unreal Championship games as well.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was dissappoineted of UT3 at all...

All that f*cking vehicles and this "you have to do this to do that" stuff, really annoys me...

And the missing of these UT franchises was also really bad. I hope UT4 (or UT3 2k8... or whatever) will be more like UT and less like battlefield...

On the plus side, who truely plays it for the single player anyways? This is just good stuff for MP wise. Although I really do see this falling out after a year like with 2k3 and 2k4. VCTF is very fun though, and no one can do wrong with Onslaught & Assault, which were both the big game modes for 2k4. But seemingly it still died after a year and a few months. The community isn't exactly striving as it once was several years ago.

On the plus side, who truely plays it for the single player anyways? This is just good stuff for MP wise. Although I really do see this falling out after a year like with 2k3 and 2k4. VCTF is very fun though, and no one can do wrong with Onslaught & Assault, which were both the big game modes for 2k4. But seemingly it still died after a year and a few months. The community isn't exactly striving as it once was several years ago.

The reason Epic put all that story crap is because a vast majority of players never played multiplayer.

The reason Epic put all that story crap is because a vast majority of players never played multiplayer.

TEH SO WRONG!

The reason there's a story to the UT games (Moreso than the first one) is because it's an off-shoot of Unreal, a game (games) that really do have a story to them. I welcome a story, and I haven't played MP since 2K3, I'm so sick of the repetitive nature of MP FPS, and the games seem to be getting more unbalanced with every new title.

The storyline link between Unreal and Unreal Tournament is almost non-existent however. Hell, the stories between UT games themselves have barely anything to do with eachother apart from some corporation names and some of the same characters.

There was a lot of backstory and innuendo suggested at in the first UT, but all those things seem to have been forgotten about. From what I can tell of the story in UT3 from the SP trailer, someone really flocked up.

TEH SO WRONG!

The reason there's a story to the UT games (Moreso than the first one) is because it's an off-shoot of Unreal, a game (games) that really do have a story to them. I welcome a story, and I haven't played MP since 2K3, I'm so sick of the repetitive nature of MP FPS, and the games seem to be getting more unbalanced with every new title.

I'm just going by what the Epic guys are saying. They focused more on the single player aspect because so many people don't actually play multiplayer.

I just got the game recently and have played through the Ronin campaign (or the first 2 parts and half? of the third...) and am really impressed with the game. I have not tried out the multiplayer yet because i dont have a key with me (my mom bought the game for me for christmas but i installed it at school using the disc of a friend of mine...so i do own it, just not with me at the moment...), but i am hoping that it will be up to the standards set by its predecessors. The graphics look great for me and it runs extremely smooth, hell, it even loads maps faster then UT2k4 does on my same machine...It is amazing looking at the new weapons designs, specifically the flack cannon (my personal favorite weapon for close combat...)

Anyone else get the game or play though it yet and want to share their reactions?