• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

The answer to your question is yes and no, I personally only have one burned game (Ikaruga) and that is a self boot, now because that is self boot you dont really need the Utopia boot CD but it will actually boot it (obviously).

As far as I am aware, Utopia cant boot burned games.

I beleive the way to do this would be to use something like 'Dc Hakker' which is intended for launching software through the Dreamcast.

nope, i boot burned games with Utopia Boot disc all the time, but i like DC_HAKKAR better because it boots more games faster :D

you dont NEED anything to play burned games actually, some of them boot by themselves, their called Self-Boot, if its NOT self boot i try the following

DC-IE

DC_HAKKAR

Utopia Boot Disc 1.3

Gameshark Lite

Action Replay CDX

Gameshark...umm...the latest one, with that bigass memory card (i rarely use this one hehe)

I have an assload of DC games so i need them all hehe

If none of those work chances are you burned it wrong, also try it at least 10 times, sometimes your DC decides to be stubborn but after you get it to boot at least once it doesnt seem to have problems with it anymore...weird....i should recalibrate my GD-ROM again i think.....

its hard to come across

1.0 was the original one (Duh)

1.2 is the original one with VGA support

1.3 is a slightly modifyed one with VGA support

1.3 is kind of hard to find, but if anyone needs it send me a PM or post and ill get it hosted somewhere, or you can try Classic Sega Hub and Romster Hub

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...