Macbooks, they suck dont they?

Ghosty

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sup taratata! Computers are the devil.

And yes, Steve Jobs does look and talk and act like an asshole. Too bad his products are actually good which afford him that ability.

You fail. While I'll admit, pre-x86 Mac's were great for things that required raw horsepower (Video editing, graphic/3d design), OSX is ass and any flavor of Linux superceeds it, making your Mac of today nothing but a PC with a Windows-wannabe Unix OS that does a miserable job.

Oh and the Ipod is an overpriced f**king fad, nothing more.

sup taratata! Computers are the devil.

And yes, Steve Jobs does look and talk and act like an asshole. Too bad his products are actually good which afford him that ability.

You fail. While I'll admit, pre-x86 Mac's were great for things that required raw horsepower (Video editing, graphic/3d design), OSX is ass and any flavor of Linux superceeds it, making your Mac of today nothing but a PC with a Windows-wannabe Unix OS that does a miserable job.

Oh and the Ipod is an overpriced f**king fad, nothing more.

k

I had a long reply ready to go but I don't feel like wasting my time dealing someone with such hardliner juvenile behavior. I'll tell you what though, when the ipod fad dies I'll pay you $100.

sup gryph!

Basically, macs are all about ease of use and ergonomy. When you have to get a work done, it's important.

Linux is really good technically, making it a system of choice for servers. It also has an open philosophy and doesn't require, well, a mac like macos does.

Then, windows lets you use lots of softwares. The vast majority of them have equivalents for macos and linux, except games.

Therefore, to each his own, and don't go around crying that such system is crap. If it really was, noone would be using it, would they? I know there's an unlimited supply of stupidity in this world, but when something is crappy, people eventually stop using it.

I chose to have a wifi chip implanted in my brain. Way cooler, except for the tumor that's starting to get a little big.

sup wiz!

I finally left undergrad to get in the real wo.. huh grad school. I think I've read that you have too Gryph, how's it going? I'll start working in a lab in two months. Kinda scary.

I haven't had internet at home for a whole year! Well, I didn't miss it that much but I finally got it back. I guess withdrawal is over. I may get back on IRC one day, but not now. I've got lots of stuff to do and basically haven't done any yet. Getting on IRC would only make things worse.

I may start posting again here, or maybe I won't. time will tell :P