Macbooks, they suck dont they?

Ghosty

Well, I have a relative in college now, and I'm doing tech support. Oh she doesnt have a macbook, I convinced her not to. And on the campus all I see are flocking macbooks. Jeezus Christ! With such a price tag those idiots could have gotten a much faster PC. is?

Do you guys believe this too? Hell I they're just stupid fads like iPods. Why are people buying these pieces of crap?

What are your people's opinions?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate them too. For $1500, I can buy a top of the line PC laptop with a dual core processor that runs every game out there pretty much perfectly. Or I could spend it on a MacBook, and get a "computer" with an OS that uses up to much space and time and doesnt play any games. The only reason why I would ever get some sort of mac would be for Garage Band and Final Cut, but everything else is on my PC.

its like that at the college I go to too. The macs are "trendier" but if you notice everyone eventually sells the mac and gets a PC because they can't figure it out. (Its not hard to use a mac, just inconvenient, everything is laid out in such a roundabout way, they are too used to PCs and too computer inept to figure it out, yet they force themselves to deal with it in order to look cool) I've yet to talk to anyone who didn't think it was a pain in the ass besides the hardcore macheads who give speeches in speech 101 about how they work in the mac store and you should buy a mac because its "better" and then displaying on their obnoxious overly animated powerpoint equivalent a table clearly showing better components for less money on every other comparison to the mac. But OH the mac looks cooler! You can bring it to the Mac Store and make an appointment at the Genius Bar and they will help you! It will match your ipod! It "just works!" (This is after dealing with incompatible file formats/connections to the projector for like 15 minutes just to give the speech)

give me a flocking break

I have a Macbook and they are superior than their PC counterparts (in price/performance, aesthetics, usability, security), minus the game playing.

Of all the people on this forum, I never expected you man. And using boot camp doesnt count!

Yeah I'm just ramble because I felt like it, yeah....

I don't use Bootcamp. I have a Thinkpad and a desktop for my Windows and gaming needs.

See, you have to look past the fanboy vision and actually educate yourself about what else is out there instead of jumping on any bandwagons and decry stuff for just being "trendy." OS X is really a beautiful operating system. Of course, nothing is perfect so it has its problems but nothing like Mac detractors and anti-Mac zealots claim. I am above such stupidity now and have left idiotic zealot behavior to my high school days. It's just so dumb.

that was incredibly random.... if you were being serious though, then you should have send your reply via mail to 1Emu headquarters so the admins could post your reply themselves, since you obviously hate computers and shouldn't be using one..