Beowulf

Krosigrim

I saw Beowulf on Friday with Explosive Misanthropy. I will not spoil anything of course.... I never read the book, and the only reference to his name I can recall, it in Final Fantasy Tactics. Needless to say, I had no idea what he was about. This movie is worth seeing, just for the fact that it is in 3D. I had no idea it was, so it was an amazing surprise, as I never saw a 3D movie, that I can remember. I thought it was cool, having things pop out at you, but perhaps this isn't your thing. But there were times, that I forgot I was watching CG. (Very few times) but none the less, I feel they did a good job, for what it is. Just don't expect some Epic tale, like the trailer makes it out to be. That of course, is said to those who didn't read the book.

I don't know of any 3D movies, but I hope they have a 3D DVD release. I don't think there is any technology problems, its just blurred images, with glasses. But since I don't know of any, I have no idea.

So yea, I saw the version that required glasses, apparently, I-MAX theaters don't require the glasses, and appear more vividly.

Huh....I Just looked up Imax. I had no idea what it was about. Where the hell have I been??? Transformers in Imax...... I wonder how that would be? I got to go find one now, and see what they're playing!!!

i haven't even seen a commercial about it but a friend told me that the 3D animations are really cool. I don't know if the movie is based on a book or not, however, Beowulf is a character from the nordic mythology I believe.

I would've preferred this movie live-action exactly the way it is as far as characters and setting go. But they probably didn't want to bother because there are so many movies based on Beowulf. If some of you would like a more historically accurate and coincidentally, slightly comedic movie about Beowulf, watch Beowulf & Grendel with Gerard Butler.

Judging by what people said that have read the "poem" Beowolf came from, said that it was nothing like the movie, and so, the only similarities are the names. I thought that the movie's story line wasn't as strong as it could have been, and I think that's because it was CGI, and what not. I just felt that the story didn't really go into great detail, and as for being one of the many who hasn't read Beowolf, I felt uninformed when the movie was over. But I did like the "animation" I thought that they did great on it and I feel that they didn't do the mouths of the characters as well as they could have, or if they did do it to the best they could, it was only sub par. But that's just mouths, other than that, I thought it was a well done movie. Very pretty.