What games have you purchased lately?

Gryph

Got Okami recently

okamibi2.jpg

I'm slackinging on removal of sticker goo

I almost always buy used games. And lately, I've been broke, so no new additions.

BlackKnight, I see you finally got Armored Core 4... It IS a bit different, but what do you think. I like it, but haven't given it extensive playtime. Oh, I also see Gears of War. You said you played alittle multiplayer. I recommend getting into that. Multiplayer is the "REAL" game. It makes the game worth the purchase alone. Wish I could play :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BlackKnight, I see you finally got Armored Core 4... It IS a bit different, but what do you think. I like it, but haven't given it extensive playtime. Oh, I also see Gears of War. You said you played alittle multiplayer. I recommend getting into that. Multiplayer is the "REAL" game. It makes the game worth the purchase alone. Wish I could play :D

It is different but in terms of controls and gameplay I prefer it this way. Its a lot more freeing than the old strict heat & energy systems were.

The part I don't like is the garage / schematic system. It makes it such a fuss to know what parts I own, what parts are unlocked etc etc. I am so sick of loading up a schematic I've unlocked only to have it say 'the parts for this schematic are not available'. Wtf? When it doesn't even give you the option to buy them I mean.

As for Gears of War, yeh I love that. But at multiplayer I'm very very bad. Why can't you play Gears online? It'd be fun to play with someone apart from all the leet kids on Live that thrash me and then laugh about it.

how do you feel about the square hole for the stick Wiz? thats the main thing keeping me away right now. I just don't know if I'll be able to hit the qcf and dp type motions with it.

It feels weird to me, which is why I wanted to replace it, but replacing parts on the Hori DOA4/VF5/Fighting stick requires some cutting of the board if you want to replace the parts with better parts. While good on it's own, it feels different when compared to a HRAP.

edit: Errm I re-read what you said. Feels good, but like I said the parts require a change if you want to keep it to an arcade standard then just an arcade-like standard.

well I went ahead and grabbed one today. I only got a little bit of play time so far. it's definitely better then the pad but that stick is gonna take some getting used to.

Oh, I used to find some guys by trial and error. Then roll with them. A good way to find equal skill level, is not to play ranked matches. People who don't care as much go unranked, I.E. new guys or people who cannot find folk, that aren't asshats.. Also, In unranked matches, you are not limited on your knowledge of rooms. I.E. you can go and join a friend easily, if there is room. None of this blind joining that you find in ranked. If I had 360, I'd get a few people together, and request you to join in an unranked match (cant do that in ranked I think) and have at it. And at the same time, I would drill you a bit, and get you up to par. It does take some practice, and you need a good feeling for this game, Like being aware of your surroundings. Sometimes I get flanked from behind, but more often than not, I have an eye out at the back of my head. My only weakness, are snipers. When the game came out, and my friend bought it, I didn't have a job, so I played non stop. I was once ranked in the top 1000 for a week. Just on sheer playtime. The points racked up. I played so often, I just got good. But there were some guys, that were Gods. Unthinkable... But if you like it, keep at it, and keep an eye out, AND don't get frustrated. In unranked though, you should be able to find some people who aren't amazing, and don't rub it in too much, when they kill you.

• 1 month later...

Damn, i just bought Samurai Warriors 2 and Import Tuner Challenge for X360. Problem is my X360 can't support it! it's US region!!!!!!!!!!

is there a way to play games from different regions on your X360?

I'm screwed :(