Having trouble with IE6

SF2MJ

I woke up today to find out that certain websites i go to aren't dsiplaying properly.

Some text and even graphics are all over the place.

I have been using Internet explorer 6 for ages now without a problem.But today everything is messed up.

Anyway i installed Mozilla's firefox and all the pages are fine when using that browser.

So it definately is my IE6.

Is there any way to fix this?.....i already have service pack 1 installed.

I tried updating to IE7 but my windows xp pro with service pack 2 couldn't be validated.

So i am stuck right now , unless you guys have any other ideas.

Thanks in advance.

My recommendation is get your windows validated properly. If you cant install IE because of WGA, then you might also be missing out on some other updates for your computer. And yes i am aware there are other methods to obtaining updates with a computer that fails WGA, but its too annoying, imo.

Although i do agree with the posters here. I mainly use firefox / Safari anyway, but certain remote workplace sites i need are for IE only.

Thats because IE6 has very poor CSS compliance. A lot of webdesigner are tired of making hacks, just so it can look right on IE6, some are even leaving them unfix to make everyone realize how broken IE6 really is.

I refuse to include any sort of IE hack in anything I do/work with, I even removed the table hack in IPB 1.3 on my board so the tables wouldn't spill over the sides. I did however fix it properly regardless, but it still doesn't display right in IE6.

Screw IE, it's an "HTML Renderer" not a browser, the W3 says so.

Thats because IE6 has very poor CSS compliance. A lot of webdesigner are tired of making hacks, just so it can look right on IE6, some are even leaving them unfix to make everyone realize how broken IE6 really is.

Also IE6 and IE7 don't like XHTML, while Firefox and other browsers like XHTML.

name something IE7 has that Firefox doesn't and I'll pull a golden egg out of my ass.

Compatibility and popularity. I know several sites designed specifically for IE and will not work on FF. Also, sites like this one http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp clearly show that IE (even IE6) is the most common browser.