Crysis scored 9.4 on IGN

Mag

http://pc.ign.com/articles/834/834614p1.html

GOD SOMEONE, I NEED DX 10 CARD NAAAAAO. Crysis is my most anticipated game of .. i don't know how many years but seriously. I just need to play this badly =/

bottom line:

IGN Ratings for Crysis (PC)

out of 10

9.0 Presentation

The story works and cutscenes aren't campy though the ending hurts us. Being able to tweak graphics settings in game is great. Easy menu system. Needs option for Korean chatter in all difficulties.

10 Graphics

The best looking game even in DX9 at merely high settings. So good they elevate the rest of the game. If you've got two 8800s running very high settings at 1920x1200 you're in for a treat.

9.0 Sound

Weapons sounds are very satisfying. Voice work is good. The suit sounds are small, but perfect. English speaking Koreans can dampen the immersion.

9.0 GameplayWell paced with good freedom in the action and level design while still offering a direciton.

9.0 Lasting Appeal

A single player that will have you coming back for a second go and multiplayer that offers plenty of punch if you're willing to learn.

OVERALL:

9.4 Outstanding

The Crysis demo was super awesome. Not just the graphics, but the gameplay was really great. I'm definitely going to buy this on Wednesday.

Its wierd cause you can download it. Rapidshare will take days without an account and with my job that im going to get, ,might as well fork up 1 day of pay.

Shacknews' review is up: http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=668

The Crysis demo was super awesome. Not just the graphics, but the gameplay was really great. I'm definitely going to buy this on Wednesday.

Its wierd cause you can download it. Rapidshare will take days without an account and with my job that im going to get, ,might as well fork up 1 day of pay.

I buy most of my games now. The torrent was out late last week I think.

Has anyone here hacked the demo? Its so awesome. It allows you to enable full DX10 effects on DX9 in XP. But thats not even the best part, Theres a maphack thing that places all the vehicles/weapons of the game in this spot on the map. The helicopter is so fun! haha.

i wish I messed around with those hacks but I didn't have any time. Was that DX10 stuff in DX9 even a hack? I thought it was just a few changed values in the config files?

Kikizo sucks.

Pretty good score for a tech demo.

"So it's a good thing Crysis isn't just a tech demo, as many snarky internet armchair pundits have cynically declared prior to the game's release." - Chris Remo, Shacknews Editor-in-Chief

If you played the demo then you know it's no tech demo. The gameplay is deeply satisfying.