A new problem...

I have a new problem in Chankast (sigh...)

I try to run Resident Evil: Code Veronica from Daemon Tools v4.something. When it loads, it has a gray trapezoid with a gray spiral on top of it. The spiral spins out, and then a window pops up that is titled "ioControl" and says "Error."

Please, how can I fix this?

(Sorry for having so many questions...)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then is there a program to cheat in NullDC?

Edit: Never mind, I found one, but it says on the download site: "is a german version, have no time for a engl. version. if you need a engl. version, then use chankastcheater and rename "nullDC_100b1.exe" to "chankast.exe", works too." Am I supposed to rename the nullDC program? That doesn't sound like a good idea...

Edit EDIT: Okay... I can't even get that far... whenever I load the game, the thing crashes. I did the dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin things, but whenever I load RE: Code Veronica, it crashes... It says in the console a lot about errors and "system control regs." The error is apparently in dc\mem\sb.cpp. Which I can't find.

Edited by Mike Labine

The error message refers to a file in the source code, which naturally, you can't find (unless of course, the nullDC devs put the source code up for grabs and you actually understand enough about raw code to make something out of it).

I say try renaming the nullDC executable to Chankast.exe, since the developer of the cheat program says that it should work that way, too. It's not like the program is going to blow up your computer just because you were experimenting with stuff.

Dose the BIOS work fine? (start the emulator without an image)

If the BIOS doesn't boot properly, the bug isn't in the game or the emulator, but rather in your BIOS files or computer specs? Also, I hope you are using the latest Beta version of nullDC (i.e. 1.0.0 BETA 1.6).

I actually use a laptop, so I have no idea... They're not too bad, I assume I would be able to play a dremcast game... Also, the colors only flash during the opening sequence. When the in-game graphics load, they are very jagged polygons.

Edited by Mike Labine