Burning PS2 ISOs

Devia Eleven

I got my Magic Swap to work, one of my buddies is kindly volunteering to burn games for me, apparently he knows how to rebuild large ISOs and burn them, so they won't skip. He told me that when games 3.5 GB and up are burned even at 1x, they tend to skip in-game. When he re-builds ISOs they seem to work properly. To my knowledge he uses Nero 7, and Iso Buster. I just need a tutorial that will help me rebuild ISOs with these softwares. Because when I burn large games they skip.

When you burn large games, and they skip, it's because you're swapping with a retail game that has a smaller TOC than the game you're trying to run.

Google PS2 TOC list, you need a retail game larger than anything you try to play.

And I will reiterate that whole "Burn at the slowest speed possible" $hit is just that, $hit. Burn speed has no relevance to the read speed of the console in question, and slower speeds actually cause jitter and more PI/PO errors.

Basically the TOC thing... you need to have a disc with a bigger Table Of Contents than the one you're swapping to. So DVD9 games = bigger games = bigger TOCs. I agree with Cinder- this is more likely what's behind your skipping issue.

Rebuilding in my opinion does nothing but here's how anyway.

1) Open ISO Buster, get your disc / ISO up, right-click the ISO tag and go;

Folder tree and file information > List tree-info (in txt file) > LBA, Relative Path

Save your text file to a new folder. Then select all the files in the ISO, right-click and go Extract Objects and select the same folder.

2) Open CDGENPS2, go;

Advanced > Import Tree File

Then go File > Save Image. There you now have a rebuilt ISO. You can burn it with Nero or whatever you like though. I don't believe it will make a difference, but hey give it a shot.

Basically the TOC thing... you need to have a disc with a bigger Table Of Contents than the one you're swapping to. So DVD9 games = bigger games = bigger TOCs. I agree with Cinder- this is more likely what's behind your skipping issue.

Rebuilding in my opinion does nothing but here's how anyway.

1) Open ISO Buster, get your disc / ISO up, right-click the ISO tag and go;

Folder tree and file information > List tree-info (in txt file) > LBA, Relative Path

Save your text file to a new folder. Then select all the files in the ISO, right-click and go Extract Objects and select the same folder.

2) Open CDGENPS2, go;

Advanced > Import Tree File

Then go File > Save Image. There you now have a rebuilt ISO. You can burn it with Nero or whatever you like though. I don't believe it will make a difference, but hey give it a shot.

So it would be better for me to burn DVD5 games?