I just took the hardest test of my life. :(

Gryph

Hardest test I've ever taken was my final exam in Chemistry last year. Mostly because I was sick (I left the room and vomited in the middle of the test) and I had not studied well enough.

chemistry is the worst subject I have ever seen

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardest test I've ever taken was my final exam in Chemistry last year. Mostly because I was sick (I left the room and vomited in the middle of the test) and I had not studied well enough.

chemistry is the worst subject I have ever seen

Im a chemical engineering major...ironically, my chemistry courses are the easiest classes i am in...my hardest is my astronomy course...the class average on the last test was below a 50%...it is the only class that i have had where i leave the testing room thinking "Wow...i will be lucky to get a 50% on that test" and then be correct...the exams are brutal...i spent 3 days studying for it too so it was not from lack of studying...

Hey I had astronomy. It wasn't bad.

Its not that it is bad, its just hard. The exams are designed to be brutal (according to the professor) so it is to be expected. It is also an astrophysics course...hell the text book is called "Astrophysics in a Nutshell" (yeah, i laughed at the irony of the title as well...)...The course material is also at a high level...you need to fully understand advanced modern physics (quantum mechanics and Electromagnetic principles) and be able to solve some really odd problems...(the problems start with very limited data to analyze and each part of the problem depends on the previous part so one mistake leads to a world of pain...especially when you realize that you made a mistake and dont have enough time to go back and dig through the problems to find where it is at...) The subject matter is really interesting, but contrary to popular belief, astronomy isnt just looking at stars, it is basically an advanced physics course...

Well it looks like I'm not going to do Astronomy then. Too bad. I like stars and celestial bodies.

My two hardest tests were my Year 12 Maths Methods and Chemistry exams. I did well on them, but only after studying for weeks on end. I hated those two subjects with a passion.

I'm surprised no one's said their SAT's yet.

If you think the sat is hard, try the act.

I took the ACT It was pretty easy. I kind of molested the thing while sleeping through portions of it.

The hardest tests I've taken were probably in physics. They should've been pretty easy, but I tended to miss school a lot and sleep through class, so I had to teach myself most of the material as I took these tests.

Well it looks like I'm not going to do Astronomy then. Too bad. I like stars and celestial bodies.

My two hardest tests were my Year 12 Maths Methods and Chemistry exams. I did well on them, but only after studying for weeks on end. I hated those two subjects with a passion.

Nah he's talking about astrophysics astronomy. That's an advanced class astronomy. There are basic astronomy classes where you learn fundamental things like the birth of the universe and planets yada yada without involving complex equations and whatnot. I recommend taking it, it'll open up your mind to science. Especially if you're one of those creationist nuts.

The best class I can ever recommend however is a cultural anthropology class and pray your teacher is a good one. I had a great professor for mine. Funny, engaging and never got bored of listening because of all the downright interesting things about human society. Like the reason why men dominate the world. The origins marriage etc.

Physics, all branches of it from astro to quantum, totally blows me away. I have so much respect for physicists.

I hear that...i know the basics of quantum mechanics from all the chemistry courses and a physics course called Quantum Mechanics and Modern Physics, and it still blows my mind....the best thing that can be said my Chemistry professor told me at the beginning of the term..."Quantum mechanics is one of those things that i will teach you, you will not really understand it, then next year, another chemistry class will make you learn it again, and you will have some idea what is going on. This will continue while you are here at the University until when you are seniors, you will understand enough about quantum mechanics to know that you just have to accept it and not go looking for logical reasoning."

At my school, one of the hardest courses is Physics 213: Thermodynamics...every year, most of the class leaves on the exam days and final exam days crying because of the difficulty of the material...sadly i have to take this class next year sometime...A note to all you people out there who are looking for majors...go into psychology...it will save your soul...physics and chemistry labs can be proven to steal the souls of engineers, as well as their social lives...

Physics, all branches of it from astro to quantum, totally blows me away. I have so much respect for physicists.

I hear that...i know the basics of quantum mechanics from all the chemistry courses and a physics course called Quantum Mechanics and Modern Physics, and it still blows my mind....the best thing that can be said my Chemistry professor told me at the beginning of the term..."Quantum mechanics is one of those things that i will teach you, you will not really understand it, then next year, another chemistry class will make you learn it again, and you will have some idea what is going on. This will continue while you are here at the University until when you are seniors, you will understand enough about quantum mechanics to know that you just have to accept it and not go looking for logical reasoning."

At my school, one of the hardest courses is Physics 213: Thermodynamics...every year, most of the class leaves on the exam days and final exam days crying because of the difficulty of the material...sadly i have to take this class next year sometime...A note to all you people out there who are looking for majors...go into psychology...it will save your soul...physics and chemistry labs can be proven to steal the souls of engineers, as well as their social lives...

I guess I gotta say goodbye to my social life while it lasts. Chem major here I come.