Hibernation Problems

GodPigeon

Ok so i dont like to turn off my computer anymore. I hate waiting for 50+ Tabs to reload on my DSL internet =\

So i hibernate. I love it. Everything is there when i get home and whatnot. Problems is, almost everyday i get home, my computer is already on. My computer Takes ITSELF out of Hibernation. Ive been looking online and found a couple of people with the same problem, but No solutions. Any help from my 1Emu brethren?

Got anything in your Shceduled Tasks that is set to "Wake The Computer To Run This Task" under the Settings Tab for the scheduled task?

Got any programs running in the background that like to access the hard drive when idle? Some antivirus will, like Avast's VRDB service.

Got anything in your Shceduled Tasks that is set to "Wake The Computer To Run This Task" under the Settings Tab for the scheduled task?

Got any programs running in the background that like to access the hard drive when idle? Some antivirus will, like Avast's VRDB service.

None of the tasks have that Option enabled.

And these are the programs usually running.

Firefox

AIM

Steam

NOD32

Hibernation shouldn't do that, that could be like Sleep Mode, but Hibernation is when it back ups all the ram on the HD, and shuts down, you might have it on LAN wake or something(check your BIOS).

If it is booting up by itself, then you might have some midget sneaking into your house to push the power button :)

• 2 weeks later...

it could be a few things:

1. Wake on LAN... that's a BIOS setting, turn it off

2. "last power state." this BIOS setting sets the state of the PC when AC power is restored. the settings are off, on, and last state. If it's set to on... if you have a small power outage, when power is restored, the PC will turn back on automatically. Set it to "last state"

3. Someone is using your PC/flocking with you. Solution? Set a CMOS password. Set the password somewhere on the desk... if it's used then someone is trying to access it. If not... then it's something else, or the person is an idiot, or genius if (s)he see right through your plan.

Edited by Reaper man