McDonald's to Launch Adult Happy Meals

Alpha

- McDonald's Corp. has enlisted the aid of Oprah Winfrey's personal trainer Bob Greene to promote an adult version of the Happy Meal, the fast-food giant's latest effort to offer healthier products.

Instead of Happy Meal standards like a burger and a toy, the new Go Active meal will include a salad, an exercise booklet and a pedometer meant to encourage walking.

Fitness guru BGreene has agreed to help promote the Go Active Meal, which is being test-marketed at 150 McDonald's restaurants in Indiana.

McDonald's and other fast-food chains have tried to offer healthier fare that will still temp tastebuds as the fat and calorie content of their core products has come under scrutiny. Burger King, the No. 2 hamburger chain, planned to launch a new line of low-fat, baguette-style chicken sandwiches on Thursday.

Two weeks ago, a federal judge in New York dismissed an obesity lawsuit against McDonald's that alleged it had been hiding the health risks of eating its popular Big Macs and Chicken McNuggets. It was the second time this year that U.S. District Judge Robert Sweet threw out a class-action lawsuit that blamed McDonald's for making people fat.

Greene, who can't remember the last time he visited a McDonald's restaurant, said consumers had to take "personal responsibility" for the choices they make when it comes to consuming food. He will also consult on new menu items for the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company, which also announced a new taco version of its premium salads on Tuesday.

McDonald's has a "long, long way to go" to solidify a reputation for promoting healthy foods, said Bob Goldin, an analyst at Chicago-based food consultancy Technomic. But Goldin was willing to give the company credit for trying.

"McDonald's sees some major trends, and the company is trying to be responsive," Goldin said. "Whether these initiatives will actually move the needle (to boost sales), I don't know."

Credits: http://Yahoo.com

Post your comments here! :huh::lol:

I'm very fit and I eat at McDonalds a little less than often.

Infact...I had some today.

Through the drivethrough.........I saw a box from a donut store sticking out of a McDonalds garbage can, I think this is targeted at those kinda people.

Someone pulling into a McDonalds while finishing a box of donuts.......I pictured a HUGE fat dude in a little car.

I'm very fit and I eat at McDonalds a little less than often.

Infact...I had some today.

Through the drivethrough.........I saw a box from a donut store sticking out of a McDonalds garbage can, I think this is targeted at those kinda people.

Someone pulling into a McDonalds while finishing a box of donuts.......I pictured a HUGE fat dude in a little car.

:huh:

i dont eat that cr@p at all. ;) last time i had something from them, i was up all night blowing chunks. :huh: its nice to see, though, that they at least realize their food is utter crape, and are giving people a "healthier" alternative. they gotta get the butts through the door somehow, since nowadays, people put a little more thought into what they eat. there's no way in hell i'll ever eat there, though. :lol:

this is stupid. Everyone knows that you're supposed to go to McDonald's to get fat or fatter. No way I'm going there to loose weight, I just wanna eat me some burgers :lol:

Exactly. You don't go to Mcdonalds if you are on a diet or anything.

The funniest thing is when people go to order and say

ok Two big Mac meals

make them supersize

yeah two apple pies

two mcflurries

OH OH and a DIET coke because I'm watching my weight LMAO :D

i dont eat that cr@p at all. :lol:  last time i had something from them, i was up all night blowing chunks. :D  its nice to see, though, that they at least realize their food is utter crape, and are giving people a "healthier" alternative. they gotta get the butts through the door somehow, since nowadays, people put a little more thought into what they eat. there's no way in hell i'll ever eat there, though. :lol:

yeah, I memmer I had this really fatass U.S history teacher in 8th grade and she ate burgers and crap and sometimes ate chocolate while "reading" the newspaper. Anyways, since I had that class after lunch. She'd always be drinking a Diet Coke or a Diet Dr. Pepper :lol: