GTA greatest game ever for ps2?

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but I don't think the GTA games were all that great. The games were jacks of all trades but good at nothing. I did not like the way the game controlled and all of them have horrible graphics. I have spent a decent amount of time playing all of them and I still can't see whats so great about it. Also kinda felt overly simplistic. I know a lot of people that like GTA, I just don't think its all that great.

Its Almost just like halo. And i have a quote that describes this perfectly

"If you sit with your hands crossed waiting to be impressed, you will More than likely be disappointed"

GTA was great in all aspects of the game. Every game progressed and got Better and better and better. NOw GTA4 is coming out with Next Gen graphics, things cannot go wrong.

I actually played the game for hours. I try to give each game a fair shake before passing judgment.

Only a couple of hours?? That game is suposed to take about a week-a month to finish depending on how much you play. And to get 100%, supposedly it was supposed to take u a year. All without cheats Of course.

You are acting like GTA is a game with enough depth that rivals any ocean. Why would I even bother playing through all those meaningless side quests/missions if the game mechanics/engine is so poorly executed and simplistic. You act as if it is some kind of challenging game that requires a large amount of skill, patience and practice to be good at and enjoyable. A 4 year old could play GTA. Reason as to why I like Shenmue, requires skill and ability to play and complete. Virtua fighter, deepest fighting game ever, to truly enjoy it you have to actually learn how to play the game. VF has no button whoring. Unlike DOA, if you mash the controller and whore out the cheap countering system makes a very simplistic fighting game that anyone who is to lazy to learn how to dig deep into a game and discover it's true potential.

I know I am apart of a minority when it comes to my view of the GTA series. If someone wants to play a game because of its language/ M rating, mindless violence, simplistic game engine then by all means play GTA.

Flame on! :rolleyes:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but I don't think the GTA games were all that great. The games were jacks of all trades but good at nothing. I did not like the way the game controlled and all of them have horrible graphics. I have spent a decent amount of time playing all of them and I still can't see whats so great about it. Also kinda felt overly simplistic. I know a lot of people that like GTA, I just don't think its all that great.

Its Almost just like halo. And i have a quote that describes this perfectly

"If you sit with your hands crossed waiting to be impressed, you will More than likely be disappointed"

GTA was great in all aspects of the game. Every game progressed and got Better and better and better. NOw GTA4 is coming out with Next Gen graphics, things cannot go wrong.

I actually played the game for hours. I try to give each game a fair shake before passing judgment.

Only a couple of hours?? That game is suposed to take about a week-a month to finish depending on how much you play. And to get 100%, supposedly it was supposed to take u a year. All without cheats Of course.

You are acting like GTA is a game with enough depth that rivals any ocean. Why would I even bother playing through all those meaningless side quests/missions if the game mechanics/engine is so poorly executed and simplistic. You act as if it is some kind of challenging game that requires a large amount of skill, patience and practice to be good at and enjoyable. A 4 year old could play GTA. Reason as to why I like Shenmue, requires skill and ability to play and complete. Virtua fighter, deepest fighting game ever, to truly enjoy it you have to actually learn how to play the game. VF has no button whoring. Unlike DOA, if you mash the controller and whore out the cheap countering system makes a very simplistic fighting game that anyone who is to lazy to learn how to dig deep into a game and discover it's true potential.

I know I am apart of a minority when it comes to my view of the GTA series. If someone wants to play a game because of its language/ M rating, mindless violence, simplistic game engine then by all means play GTA.

And you got this ALL from A couple of hours. Im not acting as if GTA is a GOD-Like game. But its a damn good game, and its damn fun. You can Try to bash it down as much as you want but the truth is, the overhype kills it for people like you. Halo 3 got the SAME treatment (not defending Halo 3), but it is RARE to find an honest review on Halo 3. Even that Hilarious Review by Yahtzee(SP?) was severely effected by Hype and therefore NOT given a TRUE HONEST review.

Anyone Not affected by the hype can tell you that GTA:SA was a GREAT game. Not the BEST like the TS seems to think, but it was in No way, shape or form a BAD or Sub Par game. Ive never taken the time to learn how to play VF, so in turn i dislike the game. I can go on a rant and post about how bad the fighting engines are and how horrible gameplay is, but i dont, cuz i havent played enough. You make a point about playing a game enough to appreciate, but u play a couple of hours and make a complete Judgement on GTA.

W/e, Attack my character all you like.

Well, I DO like to play the GTA series for its language/ M rating, mindless violence, simplistic game engine

coupled with real era's soundtrack and driving. I can just sit in a car, drive and just listen to the soundtracks. And I do like simplistic gameplay sometimes which wouldn't force me to use skills so much.

My brain need a rest sometimes <_<

I find it quaint that people buy any GTA game after 3, it might have a new bundle of features like swimming and driving different vehicles, but it just seems to get boring after awhile. I like what they did with the San Andreas RPG-Like system, where you could train in dojos/gyms, and gain muscle and skill, but it was much too easy. The missions started to become completely pointless and painstaking, there are too many bugs and glitches aswell. Every GTA looks like crap, the character models are sloppy and don't contain much detail, not to mention the entire landscaping visuals and effects, they are pretty insufficient. There are many other games out there that was taken the gimmick from GTA , stealing cars etc. It just seems too old, and it's arduous to deal with.

I agree with those that don't like the games. I bought GTA 3, and for the first run through it was fun, after that BORING AS $HIT! Vice City added nothing, I never even finished it. San Andreas, while it's gameplay elements were improved......sucked the worst for all around storyline+gameplay.

And no, it is BY FAR not the best PS2 game.

It isn't the best game on ps2 and its not deep or features any kind of fantastic storyline but its a fun game to flock around with. You can be lazy and just do whatever you want and screw around if you want.

I think the missions where pretty fun though, although some of them where flocking stupid just because the controls blow.

• 3 months later...
i heard that the Gta 4 will be the best yet created Gta ever!!! ( In this time, it's just for Ps 3 )

P.S. I hope that the Gta 4 will be for Windows ( i can't afford a Ps 3 ) :lol:

This thread is ancient.

Also, you're wrong. It's coming out for the XBOX 360 as well, and will have exclusive episodic content on that console as well. Simultaneous release with the PS3 version too.

It just doesnt cross my mind how Stealing cars and Shooting people = Boring

But

MMORPG = Fun

?

Good! so do you like Phantasy Star Universe? :lol: