GTA greatest game ever for ps2?

To be honest I hated GTA3. Possibly because I ended up playing it so much maybe I got sick of it. It just isn't as fluid feeling as the other ones to me so its really aggravating to play. That and annoying things like not being able to shoot through car windows and stuff that they added in the later ones.

I think I liked the storyline of GTA: Vice City the best. But San Andreas had some killer gameplay. It was fun to explore all that stuff. I actually got the guide after I beat it just to see if I missed anything cool. (and I have never bought a guide, still haven't - it was a gift :D )

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but I don't think the GTA games were all that great. The games were jacks of all trades but good at nothing. I did not like the way the game controlled and all of them have horrible graphics. I have spent a decent amount of time playing all of them and I still can't see whats so great about it. Also kinda felt overly simplistic. I know a lot of people that like GTA, I just don't think its all that great.

Its Almost just like halo. And i have a quote that describes this perfectly

"If you sit with your hands crossed waiting to be impressed, you will More than likely be disappointed"

GTA was great in all aspects of the game. Every game progressed and got Better and better and better. NOw GTA4 is coming out with Next Gen graphics, things cannot go wrong.

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but I don't think the GTA games were all that great. The games were jacks of all trades but good at nothing. I did not like the way the game controlled and all of them have horrible graphics. I have spent a decent amount of time playing all of them and I still can't see whats so great about it. Also kinda felt overly simplistic. I know a lot of people that like GTA, I just don't think its all that great.

"If you sit with your hands crossed waiting to be impressed, you will More than likely be disappointed"

GTA was great in all aspects of the game. Every game progressed and got Better and better and better. NOw GTA4 is coming out with Next Gen graphics, things cannot go wrong.

I actually played the game for hours. I try to give each game a fair shake before passing judgment.

Yea, I know what your saying. Jack of all trades and whatever. Not a master of any 1 field. But I enjoyed my time on it. I'm not like the majority, who kill everything and run from the cops constantly. I like to just play.... Sure ill have a run of killing all the drug dealers that try to push there smack in my hood, (shows up in stats) or sometimes i'll just drive and drive and drive...... I don't play anymore, I have too many things to play now. But every once in a while, ill fire it up and do some missions.

Back when vice City came out, I could immerse myself in that game for hours. I didn't care so much about the actual story (because the missions get so ridiculously hard), so I just drove around the city doing oddjobs and listening to that kickass soundtrack.

I actually played the game for hours. I try to give each game a fair shake before passing judgment.

Only a couple of hours?? That game is suposed to take about a week-a month to finish depending on how much you play. And to get 100%, supposedly it was supposed to take u a year. All without cheats Of course.

I agree with you. I'm not a fan of GTA. I hate it.. I think it's one of the worst games ever.

I agree also.

GTA panders to folks who like a lot of stuff, a great deal of flash, but not really any depth or substance. GTA is a bore to play and a pain to look at and no amount of slick dialogue can make up for those deficiencies.