Driving Experiences

Alpha

I also hate when people hit the break ALL the time! They hit it like 3 to 5 times a minute! In regular circumstances, all you do, is release the gas when you see your gaining on the car in front. This works if you are a proper distance form them. If played right, you don't have to hit the break too often. It's a matter of efficiency I just hate it when people force me to hit the breaks, when there is no need to. I wish people could pay more attention. I think, perhaps it is impossible for some, to do so.

The point of the break is not to always slow down, but to signal the driver behind you to slow down so they don't hit your bumper. There have been a few times when I realized the guy behind me was getting too close and looked like he was eventually going to hit my car. In fact, usually it's the people with cellphones in their hands while driving. So I'd tap the break a few times and they'd step a few feet. :D

Other than that, I usually let go of the gas as well, and I can slow down pretty quickly without hitting the break. But again, if it's on the freeway, I got to be smart about it and it least tap the break once. Sometimes if there is a traffic accident, speeds can start declining rapidly, and if a person doesn't notice it, he/she will ram your car.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the craziest thing that I've done while driving...is driving without a license. My brother on the other hand who, I might add doesn't have a license as well....and is 2 years younger than me, has done some pretty whack stuff...

Once, He was driving me somewhere, and I was in the back seat, and he decided to fishtail around a corner...since the road was wet, he slid into some guys yard, in my neighbor hood, and ran over his mailbox, completely flattening it.

Also, he was driving my mom's car (yet again), and was in a Wendy's drive through. He thought that the car in front of him was a friend of ours and bumped their car.... You could guess what happened next....The lady got out, and was furious. My brother backed out of the drive through, and drove backwards out of the parking lot, so she wouldn't see the plate, and when she wasn't in sight anymore, corrected himself and drove away....

Another time, he was driving these girls around, and trying to impress them with his "driving skills" and was fishtailing around on this dirt road, lost control, and slammed into a wooden fence, denting my mom's hood, and cracking her windshield... I don't know if the girls were too impressed, cause I know if I was in a car with a boy who did that, I'd be embarrassed for him.

Then there was the time when he was at our old elementary school and thought he could drive between the posts of the buildings...he knocked off my mom's passenger side view mirror....

But I hate it the most when kids think they're stunt drivers...A friend of mine was recently killed in a car accident, and so now I am worried whenever my brother drives.....

His friends also think they're amazing drivers. One of whom was driving his truck around in some empty field and took a turn that was too sharp, and flipped the truck....which proceeded to roll a few times...then land back onto it's wheels....and he drove away...

Another friend of ours who owned a VR4, crashed into some trees, completely destroying the car. The Car T-Boned a tree, and bent in half....luckily he was okay.

I think that kids should stop thinking that they're invincible, and be more precautious in what they do.

omg don't even get me started, There are so many asshole drivers around here its ridiculous. Reason why?

You go to get your temporary license, you pass a written test, and go to a class where all you do is watch movies (I didn't even study for this test, all it was where pictures of signs and you had to choose A, B, C, or D on what they meant).

Then you keep your temporary license for a few months (The only difference between the temps and the real one is its easier to get it taken away) and then you do a drivers test, where you pull into a neighborhood, stop at a stop sign, do a parallel park, turn around using a side street, and leave. Thats it, Then you get your license.

They need to make it way harder or something, Do not ever drive in Kentucky ever. You can't even smoke and drive because you have to be so ridiculously alert all the time, people riding your ass and cutting you off/cutting lanes, braking randomly for NO REASON and not using turn signals AT ALL. I've been reduced to driving in a state of paranoia after being the type of person that always went 5 over all the time (WHILE FOLLOWING ALL THE LAWS HOWEVER) I make sure to stay a car length behind everyone for every 10 mph. Which is something they used to teach you in driving school in New Jersey - Where they don't flock around. (although driving there is a nightmare too, but you WILL get in trouble for it)

The only thing I've seen that is really crazy, is an accident right infront of my eyes at 5:30am. Last November 1st, some idiot decided he was going to try and pass like 10 cars in a row on a 2 lane road I take to work.

He got only about 2 car lengths ahead of us, when I turned and told my dad (I carpool to work with him), who was driving, and said "That moron is going to hit someone". Not a second later, all I see is spinning headlights. Sure enough, he tried to turn his car to the ditch, but at a good 160km/hr you ain't turning nowhere and a pickup truck coming the other way plowed right into his passenger door. When the dust settled, you would think the car/truck were going in the opposite direction they really were because the impact caused them both to do a 180 in the air.

Let me tell you, that was THE worst experience of my life, as we pulled over and I was the first on the scene. His passenger door killed him.........in the driver seat. The only thing keeping his body in the car, was his drivers door that was pinned into the ground, his seat broke right off it's mounts. The guy in the pickup was in rough shape, but was conscious and he lived. The guy in the car, dead on impact....face look like hamburger.

Thankfully an EMT and police officer were on their way to work as well, so I handed things over to them very quickly.

I couldn't talk the rest of the way to work, and I couldn't sleep for a week. I've seen some sick crap, but I had never seen such a violent impact before.

Well, I wasn't there, but it happened to my cousin, a long time ago.

His mother decided to go to her friend's house to pick up something she forgot, and their driveway was on a steep hill, well my cousin(at the age of 5) decided it would be fun to see what would happen if he pulled out the parking brake and put into reverse and floor it. It so happened that 3 of his siblings(younger than him) were also in the car. When he started flooring the pedal(as he was too short to see over the seat while standing on the floor) he tipped a tree, and crashed right into another house, scared, he ran out of the car(which was totaled) and hid in the house that he crashed into. He lost a few teeth from slamming into the horn before the air bag came up. He was basically grounded from getting anything new other than clothes for like 7 years. He still does retarded stuff too. He has a clinical hyper problem, even full tablets can't stop him that much.

EDIT:

Do not ever drive in Kentucky ever.

well, I live in the center of it all, there are tons of idiots here for sure..

Its mostly from people from age 27-65 that actually follow all the car regulations.

I hated it when my dad was driving us back from an event and some guy actually tipped our car leaving it without a left mirror, my dad never got it replaced, it happened like 7 months ago. The guy sure should have felt it, and I bet it scratched up their car pretty bad(ours is like a Tyota Tercell, which is really small), they just sped away.

Edited by Kloplop321

I was at a four-way stop cross intersection once where I and another driver to my left pulled up after me. It was my right-of-way, but as I was accelerating past the stop sign to go straight the biatch on my left floors it going past me while staring at me through his sunglasses. I wanted to flocking kick his teeth in and stomp on his skull.

Edited by veristic

Well I have been searching the net for a more complete video. There was this Kid who drove into the Altamonte Mall early last December. I was just clocking out, in the food court not 200 ft from this incident.

I ran down the escalator and walked around the car, to see if it might explode. There were no signs of such so I stuck my head in the back window and spoke to the guy. I asked him if he could hear me and all that. He pleaded to me to get him out of the car, but I told him that we had to wait for help, as not to hurt him further. The guy did just fall 25 feet, but still, he was a acting odd. He asked me my name, so I told him. He then told me " Belthasar, your a nice guy, will you represent me?" What a thing to ask just after you drove off the second floor. When I got there, NO-one tried to see if the guy was alright or anything! I couldn't believe it.

So yea, all the clips I find cut just short of me running down to the scene. I wish I could find one, that would be cool.

Edited by Belthasar

Well I have been searching the net for a more complete video. There was this Kid who drove into the Altamonte Mall early last December. I was just clocking out, in the food court not 200 ft from this incident.

I ran down the escalator and walked around the car, to see if it might explode. There were no signs of such so I stuck my head in the back window and spoke to the guy. I asked him if he could hear me and all that. He pleaded to me to get him out of the car, but I told him that we had to wait for help, as not to hurt him further. The guy did just fall 25 feet, but still, he was a acting odd. He asked me my name, so I told him. He then told me " Belthasar, your a nice guy, will you represent me?" What a thing to ask just after you drove off the second floor. When I got there, NO-one tried to see if the guy was alright or anything! I couldn't believe it.

So yea, all the clips I find cut just short of me running down to the scene. I wish I could find one, that would be cool.

That is some crazy crap! Kudos to you, Belthazar for helping out.

Wow, I can't believe it. I saw this video last year :) !

So what was wrong with the kid? Was he on drugs? What eventually happened to him? And why were you at the mall? Didn't the guy drive into the mall when it was closed?

Wow, I can't believe it. I saw this video last year :) !

So what was wrong with the kid? Was he on drugs? What eventually happened to him? And why were you at the mall? Didn't the guy drive into the mall when it was closed?

REAL MATURE! BLAME THE DRUGS!