Driving Experiences

Alpha

The other day I was driving on the freeway and one of those BRINKS or armed trucks with money suddenly cut me off and came into my lane. Boy, was I pissed! First off, these kind of trucks shouldn't be going over 70MPH.

brinks_truck.jpg

And it sure as hell was going around 80MPH. So I changed lanes .... pushed the gas to 85MPH and sticked my ass (car) in front of his. Then the son of a biatch moved again in front of me and then through a few other lanes. I then noticed there was a sign on the back of the car that said "How's my driving, Call 1-800-Collect". I called the number and reported the idiot.

However, it then occurred to me -- maybe this truck was stolen? After all, it probably had a large sum of cash inside. I regret retaliating and going in front of the guy. It wouldn't have been fun if the guy started shooting bullets at my vehicle. Oh well. :D

Oh, and last year while I was driving on the road and about to make a right turn at the intersection .... I saw this beautiful blonde girl on my left side in one of those new style Volkswagon Beetles. My jaw nearly dropped as my eyes were en-fixed on her face.... then when I looked forward... I then said "OHHHHH SHIIIIITT"... pressed the brake, but it was too late ... I slammed right into the car in front of me. Luckily, the guy was nice and it didn't report the damages. :devilboy:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one accident when I was a P-plater. Usually at a T-intersection, the straight road has the right of way. Except in this case. I never noticed the give way sign until it was too late and I hit another car.

I have comprehensive insurance so it didn't cost me anything until the next renewal.

No more accidents since.

When I was driving to my father's funeral, some idiot in a truck tried to run me off Parramatta Road into a power pole. Luckily I was able to stop in time. I nearly went to my own funeral instead!

I had one accident when I was a P-plater. Usually at a T-intersection, the straight road has the right of way. Except in this case. I never noticed the give way sign until it was too late and I hit another car.

I have comprehensive insurance so it didn't cost me anything until the next renewal.

No more accidents since.

When I was driving to my father's funeral, some idiot in a truck tried to run me off Parramatta Road into a power pole. Luckily I was able to stop in time. I nearly went to my own funeral instead!

Damn, I hate dealing with those kind of drivers. BTW, what is a "P-plater"?

When you pass the computer exam you become a L-plater (Learner Driver). Then after you pass the driving exam, you become a P-plater (Provisional driver). After a few years, if you are good, then you get the full licence.

P-platers and L-platers have to have a special plastic symbol affixed to the car so that everyone knows to watch out. Also L-platers and P-platers have limits on how fast they can drive.

Edited by Robert

Got into a car accident, nearly died. Lost my short term memory for three days.

WTF? :D

Please elaborate with details.

Explained this millions of times. Drank over a 100 dollars of liquor and beer once night, me and a friend decided it was time to go home. We were about five minutes away from my street, my friend said he closed his eyes for like a second due to him being so tired. Woke up with a air bag in his face he started screaming and he said my head was slamming all over the place. Finally we crashed landed after the car flipped a couple of times into a cement ditch with my head slamming into the dashboard. He said he tried to wake me but to no avail. I was ok for a few seconds he said and he started freaking out. I eventually woke and he said I was knocked silly. I called my parents and they picked us up, car was totaled and towed away. I was not myself for three days, I posted crap online, went to work and still don't remember any of it.

When I first learned to drive I was driving a girl home and saw flashing lights behind me. I thought it was the cops and freaked out. And right when I went to pull over a cat leaped in front of the car and I killed it. The girl started screaming and I thought I was getting arrested. It was heart pounding. Turns out it was an ambulance behind me. I have a lot of driving stories. I could fill up a few pages.

Another time after I bought my first car I went to look at an apartment with my then girlfriend. We got there early so I drove around awhile. I spotted a rain puddle in a parking lot and hit the gas to go run through it. I slammed the puddle and then realized there was a storm drain at the edge of the lot with my front wheel over the edge. I hit the brakes when I was going about fifty and stopped right on the edge of the drain. Unfortunately my car was front wheel drive and I was stuck. The owner of the store (It just so happened to be a liquor store) came out freaking out and yelling. I offered no excuse and kind of laughed about it. Just about then I remembered I had to go look at the apartment, so I left the car there and went to see it. I ended up putting a down payment on it before going back to my car. the guy who owned the store was gone. I thought maybe he had called the cops (I'm paranoid about having the cops called on me btw) so I called one of my friends to get him to bring his dad's truck out so I could escape the situation and hopefully the long arm of the law. 20 minutes later he shows up in a cavalier. I could have killed him. So he ends up trying to climb down into this stinking runoff drain water and push the car out. While he's doing so, incidentally the car's spinning tire catches him in the nipple. After we get him pulled out pf the muck the owner of the store comes back and tells me he can tow me out if I sign a contract so I can't sue him if he messes up the car. (This is after two hours of trying to get it out btw.) So I go in to sign the papers and he wants to see my license. The problem is I didn't have one at the time. I made up a bullcrap story about the computers at the dmv which he bought by some small miracle and 20 minutes later I was out of there. Oh, and I signed the contract in the video store next to the liquor store, so I ended up buying a 'Saw" dvd form him before I left.

I'll probably put some more stories up later.

Edited by onetrueblade

Funny you mention driving issues...

Im currently in the middle of an insurance claim. Basically I was driving along a straight road.. had right of way and all...

Suddenly I am driven into by someone turning onto my road from a side street. They didn't stop, give way or even slow down. Both passenger side doors and the rear quarter panel on that side are all smashed. Car is still drivable. Just a really annoying process to go through- the claim and repairs- for something that wasn't my fault.