Worst....Job....Ever

Well? What was the worst job you ever had in your whole life? Personally I'd have to say it was shearing sheep. I got paid a ridiculously small amount of money and the sheep were horrific to deal with as well as filthy.

hahahhahaha

They way you worded that was hilarious. Worse job for me was when i was in my teens working at Mcdonalds.

Well? What was the worst job you ever had in your whole life? Personally I'd have to say it was shearing sheep. I got paid a ridiculously small amount of money and the sheep were horrific to deal with as well as filthy.

hahahhahaha

They way you worded that was hilarious. Worse job for me was when i was in my teens working at Mcdonalds.

I did kind of make it seem like the sheep were coworkers or something, didn't I? :devilboy::D I dodged the golden arch bullet. I picked up an application but then thought "Wait! What the hell am I doing?" I got into construction after that. I think I did the right thing.

Factory work. Producing hoses for a variety of systems. Let me tell you, standing in exactly the same place, not being able to move, hour after hour, listening to nothing but the screeching sound of metal being shaped in a mill sucks tremendous amounts of ass.

Well my worst job, other than fast food, was when I was a general contractor. I had been working as a "GC" for a few months, at a mill. It's called Karastan. They make those mega huge rugs, the ones that look real fancy, like you may put it in a castle.... Anyway... My job, at the time, was to paint ALL the walls caution yellow from the floor to about 4 feet up. I had been doing that for a few months, getting pretty good at painting and all, when they shut the plant down for a week... They were going to do general maintenance on the place. Well you see, my job was actually part of a small firm, so to speak, and by figurative definition, I was a work whore. I was pimped out, in theory.

Here I was, thinking all I was going to do is paint....... well... They totally made me their biatch. One of the things I did, was clean out industrial sized air conditioners. These things were bigger that my apartment. When you walked into one, it was about 20 feet tall or so. It was like... 80/40/20 in feet. (estimation) Well, there is a shallow pool in the center, with a segment over the pool, that had giant vertical grids, kinda like vertical blinds. For all those in the food industry, they were like ultra sized grease grids. The kind you see in a hood over a stove. This thing sucked in fresh air, and cleaned it, then pumped it into the factory. The segment with the grids, was like a small room in the air conditioner itself. There was a small hatch, that resembled a hatch on a VERY old submarine. Not to mention very small. About 2 1/2 feet in diameter. They had me crawl into this hole, with a hanging lamp, (the kind you hang on your hood when you work on your engine)and a pressure washer wand. First off, I'm 6'3" and at the time, I was 205 LBS. That hole was real little for the likes of me.

Well, as I'm blasting these grids with pressurized water, the water becomes mist, and goes everywhere. Well, after a min or two, the mist gets to the bulb on the lamp, and pops from the heat difference. Here I was in pitch black. So I climb out of the hole, walk to the supply area, and sign out a pack of light bulbs. Walk all the way back and climb into this tiny hole again. Insert the bulb and go at it again. POP, bulb goes again and this time, it happened sooner. Rinse and repeat this whole crawling in and out process. I musta wcrawled in and out of this hole 12+ times on this one air conditioner.

Well the last air conditioner, was on top of the main assembly machines and the vent hole that led to the mill, was directly under a suspended bridge, made of rusted ass metal. All rikity and everything. Here I was, blasting vents with water, over a giant pitch black hole, on this shaky platform. It was absurd.

Well that wasn't sooo bad, but one of the last things they had me do..... was clean out the big latex tanks. The guy in charge of safety comes up with some crazy instrument, used to test the oxygen in the tanks, to see if it is deadly or not. He said it was ok to go in, and then they lowered in this retarded ass ladder. It was a long 2 by 4 with tiny blocks nailed to each side, in a zig zag placement. I couldn't believe it....... So, all gung ho, I climb down this stupid ladder, into the tank, and the fumes are so strong, I cannot breathe. literally..... Apparently, safe to go in just means you wont die, nothing more. So after a min or two, I began to get used to it, I could kinda breathe. And so they lowered in the pressure washer wand. Now something I didn't mention, was this was no wimpy pressure washer, this thing, CAN strip your skin right off. No B.S. So imagine me spraying this really strong stream of water, onto the interior wall of a giant steel tank. Yea, my ears were in major pain. It was absolutely ridiculous. They didn't even give me ear protection, or a ventilator mask!!!

I was young an inexperienced.... naive and ignorant rather.

Now this work I was doing is usually done by professionals. Professionals get paid alot of money, in trades such as this. So here the clincher. I was contracted out, ok.... The company I worked for, got paid 20 bucks an hour for my work...... I got 7 out of that 20 per hour. I was pimped out, risking my ass, for 7 an hour, doing 20 bucks an hour work....... To hell with that!!!! :D

Now that was my worst job ever

Ouch, man. That's bad! I'd be just as pissed as you about it.

My worst job was working the stock at a Target. The job itself wasn't that bad, you just push merchandise around. Worst case scenario you're carrying some big ass heavy box down some tall ladder. Holy crap, though, do I hate Target. They start shoving their dogma into your head before you even start working there. crap like, "Join our family!", and "Speed is life!". And one of my team leads always drove around on his box carrying cart thing reminding everyone that speed is life! Other than that though, it was a great job. Great food at that little cafe thing, too, served like eggs and hash browns and crap. I only quit after spraining both my arms falling over outside my house on the way to work. Steep driveway and lots of ice. *sigh*

Man, balthasar that does massively blow. I know what it's like to be put in danger or pushed around by "experienced" morons in a job. hearing your story did make me remember some other crappy jobs i had, though. I remember having to power sand a ceiling 300 feet up in the air on a scissor lift with no harness or goggles. Three or four weeks of being coated in sawdust, looking like a yellow swamp thing. Ugh. When I was very young and naive I ended up working as a janitor/ handyman at a church. Not only did I get paid 60 dollars a week to work around 10 hours a day five days a week, but I ended up falling off a twelve foot ladder and being knocked out for god knows how long without anyone checking on me. I had to limp/hop/drag myself to my bosses office to get taken to the hospital. The good side of that one was that my boss ended up cleaning up the paint from the paint can I had in my hands when I fell. I quit the next week.

(On a side note-I'm also 6'3" balthasar. Oooooooooo! Spoooooky!!)

Ouch, man. That's bad! I'd be just as pissed as you about it.

My worst job was working the stock at a Target. The job itself wasn't that bad, you just push merchandise around. Worst case scenario you're carrying some big ass heavy box down some tall ladder. Holy crap, though, do I hate Target. They start shoving their dogma into your head before you even start working there. crap like, "Join our family!", and "Speed is life!". And one of my team leads always drove around on his box carrying cart thing reminding everyone that speed is life! Other than that though, it was a great job. Great food at that little cafe thing, too, served like eggs and hash browns and crap. I only quit after spraining both my arms falling over outside my house on the way to work. Steep driveway and lots of ice. *sigh*

Speed is life? that sounds cultish for sure. I applied for target once but got jerked around. I got a tour of the place and saw what all I'd have to do. I was bummed I didn't called back. Sucks about your arms, too. I got my foot crushed at one job I had as a machine inspector- too bad you didn't hurt your arms at work :naughty: Workman's comp!

Penn flocking Station.

Worked there for a year and a few months before I couldn't take it any longer. It used to be an awesome job with awesome people and I looked forward to going to work. We had this asshole manager though that constantly reminded everyone of how stupid, useless, and replaceable we all where though. I can't even begin to explain the stories, I'm sure she broke a bunch of laws of not only the company but of the state when running a business, like when she would get pissed at us and hold paychecks.

Anyway what basically happened was everyone cool got fed up with the crap, and she hired equally flocked up people as her (almost) in their places. So it was all ridiculous bullshit all the time. People working there for a month trying to tell me how to do my job and getting stupid promotions. It was sickening the way they would hang out outside of work and just the way they would act all the time, I don't understand what causes a person to act the way they did, so stuck up and full of themselves. Working 1 step above mcdonalds.

How it ended? I had to call a day off to watch my brother (which I would normally never do, but DAMN ME for being nice to people and trying to help my parents out) I call in to work, Heres exactly how the conversation went.

"Hey I need to call saturday off because my parents are going to be out of town longer than expected, so i have to watch my brother, I had to watch him yesterday too but I didn't work, and they where supposed to be back tomorrow so I did not see this coming, sorry about that."

"Yeah right"

"What do you mean?"

"I just don't believe you"

"What do you mean you don't believe me, You know I don't call off for no reason I have called off twice the entire time i've worked there"

"Whatever have fun getting flocked up"

Hangs up on me, Then all day saturday the managers who thought they where cool with me where texting my phone asking me what I was doing, To which I responded, sitting at my parents house being bored as hell, but they didn't give up and kept texting me and asking, I eventually get pissed and say "Why, Do they have you doing some interrogation work or something?" They played dumb and stopped texting me.

Next weekend I walk into work, my boss immediately greets me with "You called off last weekend so I'm going to be a biatch to you all night because of it" Not a good day to flock around like that, I was having a bad weekend with my phone breaking and a bunch of other crap. She kept acting ridiculous and screaming in my face for no reason about crap (which was actually preventing me from doing my job) I eventually couldn't stand it anymore, months and months of this crap, I just plain asked her. "Okay what are you trying to do here, sorry I called off, I had to, Are you TRYING to get me to quit? I really don't understand, I'll quit if you want me to" She got all pissed and started yelling and I just said flock this, flock you, I'm out. and left, Which was hysterical because my friend who worked there thought I would be there forever because I used to love it so much turns around and goes "hoooollllyyy sh1t" while this was all going on.

They got what they deserved though, because all those assholes they where busy hiring sucked HORRIBLY at their job, there where basically 4 really good people left including me, all but one of them quit the same time I did.

I didn't even bother to get my paycheck for like 2 weeks, When i went in they started making faces and snickering and crap, they wouldn't even talk to me, She even made me wait for her to make a phone call to g et my check, which was completely unrelated to work, It would have been worse if my friend wasn't there i'm sure.

Anyway, I have a ton of money right now and haven't had a job in months, which is working out awesome. Especially since I can concentrate more on college now. Definitely going to need to get a job probably next week though just to be safe.

Penn flocking Station.

Worked there for a year and a few months before I couldn't take it any longer. It used to be an awesome job with awesome people and I looked forward to going to work. We had this asshole manager though that constantly reminded everyone of how stupid, useless, and replaceable we all where though. I can't even begin to explain the stories, I'm sure she broke a bunch of laws of not only the company but of the state when running a business, like when she would get pissed at us and hold paychecks.

Anyway what basically happened was everyone cool got fed up with the crap, and she hired equally flocked up people as her (almost) in their places. So it was all ridiculous bullshit all the time. People working there for a month trying to tell me how to do my job and getting stupid promotions. It was sickening the way they would hang out outside of work and just the way they would act all the time, I don't understand what causes a person to act the way they did, so stuck up and full of themselves. Working 1 step above mcdonalds.

How it ended? I had to call a day off to watch my brother (which I would normally never do, but DAMN ME for being nice to people and trying to help my parents out) I call in to work, Heres exactly how the conversation went.

"Hey I need to call saturday off because my parents are going to be out of town longer than expected, so i have to watch my brother, I had to watch him yesterday too but I didn't work, and they where supposed to be back tomorrow so I did not see this coming, sorry about that."

"Yeah right"

"What do you mean?"

"What do you mean you don't believe me, You know I don't call off for no reason I have called off twice the entire time i've worked there"

Hangs up on me, Then all day saturday the managers who thought they where cool with me where texting my phone asking me what I was doing, To which I responded, sitting at my parents house being bored as hell, but they didn't give up and kept texting me and asking, I eventually get pissed and say "Why, Do they have you doing some interrogation work or something?" They played dumb and stopped texting me.

Next weekend I walk into work, my boss immediately greets me with "You called off last weekend so I'm going to be a biatch to you all night because of it" Not a good day to flock around like that, I was having a bad weekend with my phone breaking and a bunch of other crap. She kept acting ridiculous and screaming in my face for no reason about crap (which was actually preventing me from doing my job) I eventually couldn't stand it anymore, months and months of this crap, I just plain asked her. "Okay what are you trying to do here, sorry I called off, I had to, Are you TRYING to get me to quit? I really don't understand, I'll quit if you want me to" She got all pissed and started yelling and I just said flock this, flock you, I'm out. and left, Which was hysterical because my friend who worked there thought I would be there forever because I used to love it so much turns around and goes "hoooollllyyy sh1t" while this was all going on.

They got what they deserved though, because all those assholes they where busy hiring sucked HORRIBLY at their job, there where basically 4 really good people left including me, all but one of them quit the same time I did.

I didn't even bother to get my paycheck for like 2 weeks, When i went in they started making faces and snickering and crap, they wouldn't even talk to me, She even made me wait for her to make a phone call to g et my check, which was completely unrelated to work, It would have been worse if my friend wasn't there i'm sure.

Anyway, I have a ton of money right now and haven't had a job in months, which is working out awesome. Especially since I can concentrate more on college now. Definitely going to need to get a job probably next week though just to be safe.

That's heinous, man. Good luck on the job hunt.

Penn flocking Station.

"Yeah right"

"What do you mean?"

Come work for me.