Seriously considering getting a PSP

Reaper man

Ok then get a GP2X, it's a lot better for emulation

Wow... no. The PSP's emulation is FAR greater than anything the GP2x could provide. I believe this has been reiterated numerous times throughout the forum. Search for GameCop's review of the GP2x.

Wow... no. The PSP's emulation is FAR greater than anything the GP2x could provide. I believe this has been reiterated numerous times throughout the forum. Search for GameCop's review of the GP2x.

Really? Why there's not a Sega CD emulator and a good PSX emulator for PSP? :D:devilboy:

Really? Why there's not a Sega CD emulator and a good PSX emulator for PSP? :D:devilboy:

Doesn't matter. Genesis and SNES emulation, probably the weakest on the PSP, are better than the GP2X versions. The PSP also has perfect official PSX emulation.

Sega CD emulation... it was a good system but a marginal one. I mean you can't make a case that the PSP isn't good for emulation just because there is no Sega CD emulator at the moment.

I agree that there aren't many good games for the PSP. I've been a happy owner but admittedly if you don't like Tekkens or Castlevanias you're kindof stuffed. Unless you happen to really like one of the other games.

That said, I'm strapped to think of a single game I'd want to own for the DS so I'm still firmly pro-PSP.

Hmm, maybe I'm too biased but i think i have at least one good game when it comes to each genre EXCEPT RPG:

Let me refresh my list:

Platform - Castlevania, Megaman Powered Up

Action-platform - Tomb Raiders, POP: Rival Swords

Action - Syphon Filter, Gundam just to name a few

Racing - uhh, a toughie but currently enjoying Outrun 2006.

Fighting - Tekken, SFA3 Max

RPG - none, to be exact. If Jeanne D'Arc an RPG, then yes.

Other genres - DJMAX

That are lots of games if you ask me. Does a handheld or console need to have 100 hit games in order to be consider successful?!?

Doesn't matter. Genesis and SNES emulation, probably the weakest on the PSP, are better than the GP2X versions. The PSP also has perfect official PSX emulation.

Sega CD emulation... it was a good system but a marginal one. I mean you can't make a case that the PSP isn't good for emulation just because there is no Sega CD emulator at the moment.

I was talking about homebrew emulators. An emulator made by the same company from the machine emulated will be always better.

GP2X emulation > PSP emulation