Visual Boy Advance needs your help!

The only thing I'm interested in finding out if Iridion II as been fixed to the point where it no longer randomly freezes.

Yeah, finally someone who seems to be interested.

If you tried, could you please post the result. Would be interesting to know.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We managed to get the new core in.

MasterPhW, we now have the 1.8.0 source code. Appears that it was just on the VBA CVS after all :) .

There's still some teething problems with the new code, which might take some time to iron out before another test build comes out. Personally, I got some renderer changes I want to make, such as adding better filtering to the OpenGL renderer.

OK, i tried a GB and a GBC which i had laying around. I couldn't find any GBA roms, so for the first time I had to download one. I picked something at random, called 2754-Spiderman3.

GB - Alfred Chicken (E) - this worked.

GBC - Road Rash (U)[C][!] - this worked fine.

GBC - Hugo The Evil Mirror (E)(M11) - it worked but... there were red flashes at the top of the screen whenever it scrolled, also I couldn't figure out what to do, so I couldn't get out of the first level.

GBA - Spiderman 3 - just get a white screen - ok, try restarting emulator, ah now it works.

I found the sound was distorted so I turned the volume down to 0.5

There is no volume control as such, 1.0 was distorted and 0.5 was ok, and there is no inbetween setting.

Sorry for replying late, been having birthday celebrations today :D

Anyway, here's something yous can play with.

Its built on the newest SVN code.

Remember this is still a very early WIP, and so expect things to not be fully working right. Emulation core work is still heavy and we are hoping to get RAR/7z support added, thanks to blargg's upcoming archive handling libraries....

You might need the November 2007 DirectX runtimes installed.

EDIT: Please note that I have link protection on those links so you might need to copy the link to a new tab or window to open it.

Edited by mudlord