Got Religion?

Alpha

i guess one could say I was "Christian". I also dont drink, I dont do any drugs (unless you count cigerettes).

I teach children about Jesus on Sundays. So, that about sums it up for me..

We just live in a crazy place, and we're also lucky to be where we are, because almost all religions are accepted. We should be happy, I guess..... :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was baptized a catholic, (attempted to be) raised a jehova's witness until age 6, and just stopped caring about religion after that; now I'm just an atheist. Believe what you want to believe, but leave me out of it.

Also, Christmas should be changed to Capitalism day since all people pretty much do during that time is buy buy buy.

Also, Christmas should be changed to Capitalism day since all people pretty much do during that time is buy buy buy.

And a time to get fat and what not. I have the tendancies to buy people stuff they need, not so mucj stuff they want..... Like I got my mom an Iron and a cordless house phone. I got my brother gloves and a scarf cause he didnt have any, and we were up north....oh well....

Edited by Explosive Misanthropy

I was thinking, the other day, about life in heaven (if it exists).

I have killed thousands of insects in my lifetime, I have a sort of vendetta against them. One would assume they would all go to heaven (being innocent), to continue bothering the angels there.

Now, what happens if a heavenly insect was killed? Would it immediately pop back into life? Does it mean that every heavenly creature lives forever?

The logical conundrums are mind-boggling.

Do you see why I find it easier to just dismiss the whole thing as some kind of fantasy?

They wouldn't be bothering angels because there is no negativity in Heaven, So therfore the Angels wouldn't be swatting them

I am a Christian, I believe in and love God. God has helped me through a lot of tough situations, specially recently. I respect all religions as well, and I have never tried to force my beliefs on anyone.

not really... you were able to do those feats because you thought god was by your side when in reality ist was all you. If you truly believe that there's a malevolent being aiding you along the way, you are just going to give everything you do that extra shove, it's just standard human psychology. Mind over matter, if you will.

Your opinion, does not mean it is fact. Last time I checked a true atheist's goal was not to bash religion. No one in this thread is trying to force there beliefs on you nor are they bashing your beliefs. Stop being such a troll.

a·the·ist

Pronunciation[ey-thee-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

—Synonyms Atheist, agnostic, infidel, skeptic refer to persons not inclined toward religious belief or a particular form of religious belief. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. Infidel means an unbeliever, especially a nonbeliever in Islam or Christianity. A skeptic doubts and is critical of all accepted doctrines and creeds.

Hmmm, not sure what category I fit into then...

I do not believe in it on logical grounds and on principle.

There is simply no need to.

However, should something occur which is undeniably divine, well then I will change my mind.

But, I doubt very much it would happen.

However, should something occur which is undeniably divine, well then I will change my mind.

Consequential moralist.

Well, at least your not stubborn.