new mamedox arcades!

fumanchu

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear dev. still going on for mameox...I just turned on my NEOGEO cab last night (xbox inside) and played some classics. The old movie "Krull" was on TV in High Def so I thought I would fire up Krull on the arcade cab...its so cool to have tthe game that goes with the movie...like when simpsons movie came out I had a screening here and had the classic Simpsons game on the cab.

I am still running HK's last mameox with a very reduced list of the entire mameox collection. Over time I have been able to weed out every unplayable game and it has left the cab with about 2100 games including clones. All of the greats are there and the HDD seems to be running fine after 2.5 years of abuse. I have everything backed up on 4 Dual layer DVD's so that you can rebuild the Arcade cab anytime by inserting disc 1...It then goes on to disc 2,3,4 with menus.

Thanks to bender, bpairs, and all the rest who made the cab what it is! :punk:

And as my treat to everyone ...here is the source code for mameox that you can add very simply to add Command Line Support!!!

Yes you can now launch individual roms from your dash!

Here are the changes (only two files) to MAMEoX_v0.84.3b to support command line launching...

http://www.mediafire.com/?6uus2jl1l2s

Edited by sammaz

if I wanted command support say in XBMC I did this :)

http://www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/sfa3.rar

you will have to put sfa3.zip rom in and press in right thumb to change stuff.

This source code change will make it simple to do everything from dash...I already wrote scripts to launch each game with pic from unleashX with video previews...just waiting for the implememntation by you!

Thanks in advance :punk:

Sorry guys,

But I need a compass!

I feel lost!

1. Does the new version released by Britney's Pairs support the usage of .CUT files?

I mean - to launch games directly from dashboard (as possible in FBA-XXX Pro)

2. Was it released only in the background for testing purpose and for a selected

group of comrades?

3. Britney's Pairs did mention something about a huge 500Mb file - Does it include

all the new roms? Is there are way to get only the patch (the new XBE and non-related

rom files)?

4. I have searched deeply into Xbins and BT-Sky few days ago. I see nothing there. Should I search

for a different name? How is the correct name of the release?

5. Am I bothering someone with my questions?

6. What do you guys think about YoNoid? Is it more funny than its original version, Kamen

no Ninja Hanamaru?

Thank you VERY much for your attention.

Best regards,

CospeFogo (which means SpitFire)

Edited by Cospefogo