new mamedox arcades!

fumanchu

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK im in the testing of rom phase this takes about 6 hours and im about half way though so far no errors.

I added in many things then remost it as people can click buttons and stuff happens, have left in sort by number of players and removed left right selecting fav status. Stuff I had is was press left or right did a superscroll up or down eg A B C D or 1988 1989 1990 step without holding down Y but decided it was a bit confusing any ideas on this stuff let me know

I dont understand alot of the request so far... but after this i will listen to people with cabinets as I dont have one and add a mode to make it work correctly. I am unsure of the issues at present sure it will be to do with keymapping alot of it. :)

Here is the stuff I added and then removed

Autofire (painfull like cruise control IMO)

Light Gun (very rare people use this so its bad for them)

Left / Right change fav status ( white / black does this and is labeled there)

Left / Right superscroller up/down

X launches a random game (had a little issue but thinking of adding this back again)

let me know if you want HK features in but you will need a better agument than I want it if it doesnt help me choose my games its just clutter IMO

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

OK im in the testing of rom phase this takes about 6 hours and im about half way though so far no errors.

I added in many things then remost it as people can click buttons and stuff happens, have left in sort by number of players and removed left right selecting fav status. Stuff I had is was press left or right did a superscroll up or down eg A B C D or 1988 1989 1990 step without holding down Y but decided it was a bit confusing any ideas on this stuff let me know

im just geussing but is this to make it easier for cabinets seems like a complete new config layout!! :)

at the moment its for xbox people I have keys left over I can use

Left / Right

X and B any ideas for these will be great

the rule I have that has made it bad for adding stuff is that I dont want lists jumping all over the show when newbes press buttons randomly like little children do. So im thinking of making it hold left for 2 seconds then it will start jumping though Z Y X W ..... or right for 2 sec A B C D depending on what sort mode you have it would jump differently

at the moment its for xbox people I have keys left over I can use

Left / Right

X and B any ideas for these will be great

the rule I have that has made it bad for adding stuff is that I dont want lists jumping all over the show when newbes press buttons randomly like little children do. So im thinking of making it hold left for 2 seconds then it will start jumping though Z Y X W ..... or right for 2 sec A B C D depending on what sort mode you have it would jump differently

well if you hit left or right on the rom you are about to select would it be possible to have the screenshot that is on display for the rom appear as a full blown image on screen maybe even a little bit of info abut the game you are about to play possibly!! :)

what kind of info.... I did have hold right and it would jump into full detailed info and screenshot and when you let go it would return to list but didnt like this after using it

mainly general info but there was one thing call it a comparision as in games that were of a same type as the one you are about to play.

eg if you are on progear and you pushed right say it would give you a list of games that are of the same type ie gradius 3,salamander 2,p47 aces.

just a thought.