Mamedox platinum 2 rom help

xboxrobot

Hello...im not too new but i cant find any helpful faq on this emulator. I am trying to get simpsons the 2 player game to work on it but i can only get the 4 player to work. Can someone show me the direction to get info on how to add more roms. I read somewhere about a possibility of a patch but was unable to find it. THanks for the future help!

Hello...im not too new but i cant find any helpful faq on this emulator. I am trying to get simpsons the 2 player game to work on it but i can only get the 4 player to work. Can someone show me the direction to get info on how to add more roms. I read somewhere about a possibility of a patch but was unable to find it. THanks for the future help!

ill just do a quick check ive got that emulator, i will get back to you!

ok first off i dont think that patch was ever released! :(

but the quick and simple answer is if you want to use different characters then

port1 is marge

port2 is homer

port is bart

port4 is lisa

just change your controller for into different port for to access the differnet characters.

this works for 2player or even 3 player obviously!

no point in looking for a patch and mamedox platinum dosent let you add roms coz there isnt a scan function.i think it is possible to add roms but it would mean changing/editing the ini file i think :banghead:

not really worth the hasstle stick with the simple method id say! :thumbsup1:

thanks for the help. Its just a hassle since i was planning on building an arcade for my xbox and it will be difficult for me to change the controller port. Do you know of a link where i can find out how to manipulate these files? I am really impress with mamedox platinum 2 but some of the games like time killers does not show up on my list. Which is one of my all time favorites! Google likes to spit out non helpful links. :thumbsup1:

thanks for the help. Its just a hassle since i was planning on building an arcade for my xbox and it will be difficult for me to change the controller port. Do you know of a link where i can find out how to manipulate these files? I am really impress with mamedox platinum 2 but some of the games like time killers does not show up on my list. Which is one of my all time favorites! Google likes to spit out non helpful links. :banghead:

i just checked my list just now as well never realised it was missing.

i remember a while back reading a thread in which.

somebody asked about adding roms and im sure britneyspairs(the guy who put this package together)

said that it was possible but you had to change i think the ini file (which is way above my head those sortof things)

britneyspairs sometimes answers questions about mamedox in this forum so he might give you an answer!

there is mamedox1.1 which allows you add whichever roms you want and im sure it also comes with a screenshot image for each game you could try that maybe just download mamedox1.1 and add the roms from mamedox platinum to it and possibly move all the screenshot images from platinum to mamedox.

mamedox platinum is a more user friendly package compared to mamedox1.1 and mameox 128plus!

dont know if thats any help to you but it might worth getting a hold of mamedox1.1 and trying it out! :thumbsup1:

thanks for all the help. I have been searching hours and days and figure i should just go to the source. I pm'd him and ill wait to see if i get a reply. On another note..do you happen to know how to add screenshots to nes emulator for the xbox. I have the original box art for the nes games that are in png format, but the emulator wont seem to accept them. Then i noticed that the original ones in the xbox are in folders with the png files named .0001. any clue? :P

thanks for all the help. I have been searching hours and days and figure i should just go to the source. I pm'd him and ill wait to see if i get a reply. On another note..do you happen to know how to add screenshots to nes emulator for the xbox. I have the original box art for the nes games that are in png format, but the emulator wont seem to accept them. Then i noticed that the original ones in the xbox are in folders with the png files named .0001. any clue? :P

whats the name of the nes emu u are using?

so your gonna build a cab for your xbox ive seen a few of those cabs on youtube they look really smart is the cost gonna be a lot for that or is it cheaper than i mght be thinking?

ps some emulators want accept art (screenshot/images).

so what are you saying did you delete the old png image files first then add your own?

or did you just add the files you had to the existing picture/image folder?

i found an old atari cabinet on ebay. It was pick up only at my local area and i was able to buy it from him for only 10 dollars. I then bought a tv ($25 craigslist) and took that apart and added it. So now all i need to do is set up my xbox and all the configurations. Plus saving up for the x-arcade joystick. So i guess it wasnt too bad. :P

The emulator is called fceultra. I downloaded some screenshots for nes emulators and the package contained pictures of the orginal boxes the game came from. The files were png files and was zipped named after the rom. So i ftp'd my xbox and moved all the png files to the screenshots folder in the emulator. I then changed the directory in the emulator to the screenshots folder. For some reason it didnt work. So i thought i would take a screenshot of the game and see what it looked like. When i checked the directory it had

nes -> name of rom folder -> .0001 (image), .0002 (same image)

so i thought maybe there was a special way i needed to name or arrange these .png files for the emulator to figure it out.

I thought this stuff was easy but sometime i overlook things.

was just checking a couple of my emus just now fbaxxx and sureallxxx

i noticed that those image files were in a folder called previews.

maybe you could try changing the name of the screenshots folder to previews.

you could try deleting the images you had originally with the emu ie just move them out of the emu

and then just having the images you downloaded.

make a new thread with what you want in mamedox Platium features and roms PS the name has changed now though to "Arcades"

111.jpg

A little thanks etc and encouragement... and feedback would help I never really get any so MamedOX 1.1 or HK build is what people are left with now :P

halleluah woohoo!

where have you been dont worry ill make anew thread like right now best news of the xbox year!