psp mame

fumanchu

hi everyone!

ive had a psp for a while now and i downgraded the firmware myself to version 1.5.

ive got cps2psp emulator with progear excellent shooter.ive tried megadrive and snes emulation on the psp worked fine for me.but what iwant to know is how is mame on psp coming along.

does it play just the really old style games or is stuff like mortal kombat and the streetfighter alpha games playable!

retro forever :P

I'd like to know the answer to this, too. I have emulators for nes, snes, genesis/master system, gameboy, etc on my psp, but no mame... :P

well im sure there is a version of mame for psp caled mame4all.

there is also a dreamcast version and gp2x version.

i remember seeing a compatibility list a while ago,and games like the ninja turtles,eswat,the simpsons andsuch were compatible im sure this is the best version of mame for psp.

but i was wondering if there had been an update with better compatibility.

as far i can see itll play games from the early 80s and early90s.

cps1 and 2 games have their own emulators for psp running at full speed.

ill do a search on mame4all psp compatibility

I'd like to know the answer to this, too. I have emulators for nes, snes, genesis/master system, gameboy, etc on my psp, but no mame... :P

well im sure there is a version of mame for psp caled mame4all.

there is also a dreamcast version and gp2x version.

i remember seeing a compatibility list a while ago,and games like the ninja turtles,eswat,the simpsons andsuch were compatible im sure this is the best version of mame for psp.

but i was wondering if there had been an update with better compatibility.

as far i can see itll play games from the early 80s and early90s.

cps1 and 2 games have their own emulators for psp running at full speed.

ill do a search on mame4all psp compatibility

Cool. Post back with your findings..... (I know you will, I just wanted to say it. :D)

Edited by onetrueblade

double post i know but just wanted to list a few findings.

psp mame is now up to its third version 0.03.

apparently in its second version it was having some problems loading roms larger than 10mb.

the developer of the emulator apparently is working on loading roms through wifi! :D

and there is apparently better game compatibility now but i couldnt find a newer or updated list.

its looking very promising and there is also a neogeo emulator for psp running at full speed.

so i think this would be worth trying out.

ninja turtles on the train :P

apparently in its second version it was having some problems loading roms larger than 10mb.

the developer of the emulator apparently is working on loading roms through wifi! B)

and there is apparently better game compatibility now but i couldnt find a newer or updated list.

its looking very promising and there is also a neogeo emulator for psp running at full speed.

Thanks for the info. Amen on some ninja turtle mameness. :D:punk::ph34r:

the developer of the emulator apparently is working on loading roms through wifi! :punk:

Thanks for the info. Amen on some ninja turtle mameness. :ph34r::punk:B)

amen indeed full updated list at http:/forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43409

hope that helps :D

I'm pretty sure NJ's CPS1PSP, CPS2PSP, MVSPSP, and NCDZPSP run well. I've had better experiences with MarcaDS on the DS as far as general arcade emulation goes, though.

I'm pretty sure NJ's CPS1PSP, CPS2PSP, MVSPSP, and NCDZPSP run well. I've had better experiences with MarcaDS on the DS as far as general arcade emulation goes, though.

marcads never heard of that one even thoug i dont have a ds!

does that one play any cps games or is the horsepower not there in the ds.

Mame4All on the PSP is dead. If you see new versions they are just recompiles of the same code, shifting around the same handful of drivers between a number of releases to manage memory usage and keep the eboot size low.

If I were you, I wouldn't count on there being decent MAME emulation on the PSP now, or for the foreseeable future.