homebrew 360 style

fumanchu

hi everyone just a topic i wnted to start up!

getting a 360 shortly :P ,

the 360 been around for a while now but no ones been able to fully crack this baby yet.

i know you can flash it and play backups.But the real potential is in what this machine could do with all that extra processing power!

the original xbox was barely out six months when it was fully hacked and playing homebrew ie emulaters and different dashboards.....

anyway if the 360 does get fully cracked,i think we would see a great new homebrew scene.personally i cant wait for mame on 360. :D

afew months ago there was a guy who wanted to remain annonymous who had mame360(well thats what he called it)running on a 360 development kit but he never took it any further for fear of the microsoft demon! :ph34r:

so what do you guys and gals think do you want homebrew on your 360 and what sort of homebrew are you waiting for! B)

In short, EVERYTHING

Every app from my xbox ported over to the 360

I wants it all!

so what apps you got bambi!

have you got emulators on your xbox or do you use it as a media centre!

a lot more people nowadays seem to hold onto their xboxs just xbox media centre!

personaly i think xbmc is akiller app.i also run mame on my xbox mamedox platinum and mameox128plus

and of course cpx3 finally streetfighter3 arcade style! :P

i mean right now the xbox is the best machine for modding espaecially all the homebrew and applications! :D

I've got every emulator ever made for the xbox, from nes to lynx.

I put everything on the harddrive so it's kinda my emulation box

yeah im the same great for emulation.ive got all the emulators you mentioned been playing a lot of surreal64 lately!

sin and punishment

fzerox-a nuts racer!

hell ive even got a c64 emu and the atari2600 emu whatever you do dont play e.t. on that emu the worst game ever made!

actually a little bit more back on topic i always wondered that because the 360 is backwards compatible with original xbox,if there was some way to reverse engineer that side of the 360 so that it could run all the original xboxs apps and emus.

and if that was possible then maybe you could then utilise the 360s horsepower to then start improving those emulators and apps through some sort of exploit possibly.this is all hearsay of course it will get cracked eventually.

will just have to play the waiting game! :P

Yeah, here's another one...

Got neraly every emu on my box, just because I had to sell nearly all of my consoles.

I still have some of them, which aren't properly emulated yet (on the XBox and on the PC) so I don't have the problem, to use my consoles, but it would be really great to have my N64 games on HD res... yeah, man, that would kick ass! :P

Got neraly every emu on my box, just because I had to sell nearly all of my consoles.

I still have some of them, which aren't properly emulated yet (on the XBox and on the PC) so I don't have the problem, to use my consoles, but it would be really great to have my N64 games on HD res... yeah, man, that would kick ass! :P

speaking of high res on emus!

has anyone ever tried an hdmi cable with the original xbox just wondering if it would be worth the purchase!

has anyone ever tried an hdmi cable with the original xbox just wondering if it would be worth the purchase!

It's not worth the buy, there's no difference

I still have some of them, which aren't properly emulated yet (on the XBox and on the PC) so I don't have the problem, to use my consoles, but it would be really great to have my N64 games on HD res... yeah, man, that would kick ass! :thumbsup1:

It's not worth the buy, there's no difference

ok thanks for the shout!