dreamcast genres

hey eveybody!

i fired up the old dreamcast last night,and i forgot just how good a system it is. :P

so whats your favourite dreamcast games in the different genres.

heres mines.

racing-daytona usa,better than arcade daytona weel ithink!where is daytona2 :ph34r:

shmups-under defeat-an absolutly brilliant shooter!better than zero gunner2 and thats saying something!

beat emup-well im gonna go with soul caliber,personally i dont think 2 and 3 bettered it!

adventure/rpg-skies of arcadia nuff said.

sports-virtua tennis2-best two player sports game around.

so whats yours! :D

Fighter - Marvel vs capcom 2, 3s, Soul Calibur, Garou Mark of the wolves

Pretty much it so far since I recently got the dreamcast

Will play Shenmue, Sonic adventure, Skies and grandia 2 and such later.

I only played Phantasy Star Online and Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike

I never really got into much else

damn!i forgot about streetfighter!doh! :P

ok in that case streetfighter is my beat em up of choice,i remember phantasy star online wasnt it very slow because back then if i remember it was all dial up connection!

remember playing it and it was to slow when you went online or maybe that was just me!

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Shuffle

Phantasy Star Online

Phantasy Star Online Version 2

Worms World Party

Shenmue

Shenmue 2

Resident Evil Code: Veronica

Skies Of Arcadia

Grandia 2

Evolution

Evolution 2

Black Matrix AD

Sega Smash Pack Volume 1

Arcade shooter/top down style shooter: Cannon Spike

Horror/Action:ILLBLEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Possibly my favorite game)

Puzzle(?):Mr. Driller

Fighting: Power Stone (There's a character that looks like Jackie Chan and can go supersaiyan. Genius!!!)

Survival Horror: Resident Evil Code Veronica

Action: Sword of The Berserk: Gut's Rage (Love this one, too. Cool creatures, Great boos fights. Good stuff.)

Vehicle combat: Vigilante 8: Second Offense

Arcade style action:Zombie Revenge (Played the crap out of this. It never gets old.)

Shooting/ Light gun: House of the dead 2

Yep. That's about it.

Edited by onetrueblade

Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves (for some reason it was called this in the us instead of Garou:motw)
Because Fatal Fury is the american name. Garou is the japanese name, although in some regions it was called Garou: Mark of the Wolves (excluding Japan).

Anyways, Dreamcast is The Fighting Game system besides the PS2. So take a wild guess at what my favorite DC games are.

Beyond those, PSO is still a heavy favorite of mine, Fire Pro Wrestling D (6 VMUs worth of saves) and Ikaruga.

Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves (for some reason it was called this in the us instead of Garou:motw)
Because Fatal Fury is the american name. Garou is the japanese name, although in some regions it was called Garou: Mark of the Wolves (excluding Japan).

Anyways, Dreamcast is The Fighting Game system besides the PS2. So take a wild guess at what my favorite DC games are.

Beyond those, PSO is still a heavy favorite of mine, Fire Pro Wrestling D (6 VMUs worth of saves) and Ikaruga.

Thanks for the info. But I edited that out of my post when I realized I didn't put them into genres (Not having paid close attention to the first post. :P ) I'm going to put the whole list of my faves in a more appropriate thread.