a rant about peoples attitudes

fumanchu

hi everyone tell me something whats the point in helping some people if all your gonna get is crap thrown back at you!

i reguraly post on another emulation site,trying to help out people who are just stating up in emulation specifically to do with the xbox1.

i try and help this guy who was having problems with mame on xbox i answer his questions the best way i can.

then after about 3 weeks hes got 3 messages in my inbox asking the exact same thing.i mean id already answered this idiots question in the forum!

then today ive got a personal message from him basically sayiny"go xxxx yourself"

so what is the point of even trying to help i know everyone is not like this but its just annoying that some people want to say"JUMP" and they expect you to say how hi!

well ive got that off my chest any of you guys out there sometimes get the same problems from people like that!

There will be cases where trying to help someone blows up in your face. I try to be helpful when I can. I don't mind it when people don't appreciate the help I try to give. I mean, it's really either I don't know about it and I just don't help, or I know something about it and I give input on it so that person can go on with their day. Yeah it's annoying when the same person asks you the same thing, but sometimes the easiest solution or w/e (rtfm case) doesn't always work so that's probably why they're asking you the same question again. Unless they're just being forgetful or ignorant I dunno.

This has happened to me a dozen times. It's just a part of life.

It's also the funny thing about the Internet. A lot of people decide to help people for free, in fact message boards have been defined as this nowadays. Some people are thankful for the help and others are spoiled to always have someone take their hand and walk them to the bathroom.

If you don't walk them to the finish line, they'll get pissed at you, and send you annoying messages until you tell them exactly what to do step by step. It's like teaching a child to ride a bike. Eventually, you got to let go of the child's back and let him ride for a while, and if he falls, he'll get back up and ride farther. Until finally, he can ride on his own.

It's also the funny thing about the Internet. A lot of people decide to help people for free, in fact message boards have been defined as this nowadays. Some people are thankful for the help and others are spoiled to always have someone take their hand and walk them to the bathroom.

If you don't walk them to the finish line, they'll get pissed at you, and send you annoying messages until you tell them exactly what to do step by step. It's like teaching a child to ride a bike. Eventually, you got to let go of the child's back and let him ride for a while, and if he falls, he'll get back up and ride farther. Until finally, he can ride on his own.

i couldnt have said it any better 9times out of10 most people are alright.

but theres always one who likes to be difficult.but hey life goes on :P

Alot of preople think that if you answer one question that your their personal 24 hour instant support line.

When I ask for help I always stay courteous and polite

yeah i know this 1 guy kept sending pms about 4 times each day it was i never pmd him back as id already answered his question!

That's the one of the reasons I took IM info out of my profile. Some people would IM me for help and then curse me out if I was gone or unable to help them.

I remember when I would constantly go to you and Agozer for help.

i once helped out this guy back when i was still living on the streets. the motherflocka wanted me to give him some cash so he can buy himself some liquor. i knew the guy so it wasn't really no prob. he went to the liquor store and got himself a keg of beer and then threw it up all over the floor. then he blamed me for it!

i told t-smallz give me a flockin bat, and i wacked him in the ballz. he told me later it bled pretty bad, but what the flock, ya know? that's not a way to treat someone who gives you some money.

piece of crap redneck.

i once helped out this guy back when i was still living on the streets. the motherflocka wanted me to give him some cash so he can buy himself some liquor. i knew the guy so it wasn't really no prob. he went to the liquor store and got himself a keg of beer and then threw it up all over the floor. then he blamed me for it!

i told t-smallz give me a flockin bat, and i wacked him in the ballz. he told me later it bled pretty bad, but what the flock, ya know? that's not a way to treat someone who gives you some money.

piece of crap redneck.

:thumbsup1::thumbsup1::thumbsup1::(

i couldnt have said it any better 9times out of10 most people are alright.

but theres always one who likes to be difficult.but hey life goes on :thumbsup1:

:thumbsup1::thumbsup1::(:rvd: If its something i have no clue about, i'll try to find it out. You wont find me asking how to add character to MUGEN or making it fullscreen. Although on occasions i may ask stupid questions