Band/Song that got you into music?

Diso

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as I can remember my mom listened to 50's rock and rockabilly. my dad was always listening to 50' through 70's era outlaw country and western.

and I've never stopped loving those kinds of music. One of the first songs I remember singing along with when I was about 5 was Cocaine blues - Johnny Cash.

Three Doors Down- Kryptonite

I dont know what it is about that song, but when i heard it when i was younger, it really put me into alternative rock and then i have gone from there...

Before i listened to oldies music because that was all my mom listened too...i wasnt really a fan of it, but it was tollerable when i was little...

• 3 weeks later...

I would have to blame "evoution" by Ayumi Hamasaki, because of her, i no longer listen to anything non-japanese (barely). Start out from a simple jpop/rock song then later fell into the obsession of japanese rock and metal.

DAMN YOU EVOLUTION FIGHTING GAME TOURNAMENT TRAILER !!

Since this forum became a sub-music forum, we might as well post a music topic in here. So what band/song got you interested into the music scene?

For me, I didn't really listen to music that much. I just heard songs over the radio and knew of some bands, and watched MTV a little when they did actually play music videos. So I have to say that Weezer is probably the band that got me involved into listening to music more. I liked their style and it drove me to find similar artists, which eventually led to experimenting to listening to other different genres. So Weezer pretty much did it for me.

The first artist I liked was Aerosmith. I was around 6 or 7. Saw them in show at 12.

The Beatles. The first song I was absolutely in love with (that I remember) was Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.

I would think that was L.S.D.'s song......

haha...corny...

Indeed.

I also remember when I was younger I loved George Clinton, Toni Braxton, and Snoop Dogg. Other artists (like Joy Division) I've discovered myself.

• 3 weeks later...