Sleepwalking, or Talking in your sleep

Krosigrim

OneTrueBlade.... You seem to agree with me with not being able to speak properly because of way different brainwaves. And I can see what you mean by "Dreamlanguage" ...... You mean to say, that your brainwaves are not aligned to the wake realm, and therefore, there is no way of interpreting said output, no equal.

What I think kinda meshes with this concept. You see, I know for a fact, that time is relative. There have been times when I dream fantastic dreams, totally detailed and colorful. (Firm believer that I do indeed dream in color, as apposed to just remembering it in color) The dreams can be expansive. Epic even. And when I wake, hardly any time has actually passed. I have kinda studied brainwaves as well. The mind is capable of GREAT things. I feel that it makes sense to say, that when you sleep, time is either sped up, slowed down, or non existant. It's as if you are in another reality. Your reality is governed by your perception, especially ESPECIALLY!!!!! when you are asleep. It's as if you are in another dimension. Sounds crazy, but think about it. Sometimes dreams seem more real than when you are awake. (Matrix) heh. I have actually woke up with overwelming sadness, over the emptiness or void that I woke up into. (I think I was dreaming about a non-real significant other. This time that I refer to was very very real. It was like I was in some different reality or something. It was just too real.) This sounds crazy......... I know...... but listen to this.

One time, I was lying in bed, looking up at the ceiling. The door in my room was open and the light from the kitchen was running along my ceiling. That was what I was looking at when my eyes shut. And then I opened my eyes, just as if it was a long blink, and it was morning. I was fully rested, and it felt like I blinked for a moment. How the hell was that possible? But it happened.

Also, I remember that I once woke up, as I was dreaming about this girl. I kissed her in my dream, and I actually felt her lips. That sensation woke me up.

These are just a couple of times, where amazing things had happened. We could go on and on about the science of it all, but suffice to say, when you are asleep, you might as well be somewhere else. Thats my 2 cents.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I got my point across, Belthasar. Sometimes I meander a bit when i try to solidify my ideas, but that's exactly what I meant. I agree with and strongly believe that dreams take place in another dimension. And brainwaves play a big part in it. Dreams aren't hollow "brainfarts" by any means. It's an experience that's as real as anything else while your brain is in that sleep-state. And it's true that this space or dimension doesn't adhere to the constraint of time. Long, seemingly years long dreams can occupy the space of mere minutes. It's happened to me. I've dreamed myself acting as a different person throughout his entire lifetime, but awake and see I've been asleep for say a half hour. I just wonder if dreams connect you to a true other dimension, your subconcious, or actually a kind of spirit world of sorts made up of the energy from castoff emotions or other such energies. Yes, this all sounds crazy and slightly cultish/new agey, but it's a perfectly plausible concept. After all, most everything is based on electricity, so if electricity can be transfered through capacitors and such why can't your biological electricity or energy be transfered through another conduit or realm of existence by the altering of your brainwaves in the state of sleep. So we see eye to eye and I'm glad we could have this conversation. I don't get to have these often.

O yea? Neither do I. But These kind of talks, or debates, whichever side you find yourself on, can last forever. Because when it comes down to it, we don't know anything at all, and can't prove jack.

One time, I was lying in bed, looking up at the ceiling. The door in my room was open and the light from the kitchen was running along my ceiling. That was what I was looking at when my eyes shut. And then I opened my eyes, just as if it was a long blink, and it was morning. I was fully rested, and it felt like I blinked for a moment. How the hell was that possible? But it happened.

I've been re-reading this over and over and I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

But didn't you simply close your eyes (fall asleep) maybe when the sun was coming up and you woke back up a few hours later when it was fully daylight?

Guest veristic

I've been re-reading this over and over and I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

But didn't you simply close your eyes (fall asleep) maybe when the sun was coming up and you woke back up a few hours later when it was fully daylight?

I understand what he's saying. That's how it felt for me that one time I fell asleep for 24 hours. The atmospheric lighting changed because it was obviously a different day... and what felt like a momentary eye shutter felt like everything changed in that instant.

I understand what he's saying. That's how it felt for me that one time I fell asleep for 24 hours. The atmospheric lighting changed because it was obviously a different day... and what felt like a momentary eye shutter felt like everything changed in that instant.

I've had that a few times, Feels like 5 mins went by but it's morning suddenly

Yes indeed. I meant it figuratively. I fell asleep, and when I opened my eyes, it was morning. Time passed for me in an instant. You know when you wake up, and you don't remember your dreams? You still feel that significant time had passed. For me that night, morning came to me instantly, it seemed. That is what I meant.

O yea? Neither do I. But These kind of talks, or debates, whichever side you find yourself on, can last forever. Because when it comes down to it, we don't know anything at all, and can't prove jack.

That's true. But still fun to pontificate, though.

It sure as hell is. And I'm glad my thread here is getting so much feedback. Also, I hope we can have further discussion on many topics in the near future. Perhaps I should get my gears turning and get a thread or two out there.

I am Belthasar's girlfriend....man says some crazy stuff.... One of these days I'm going to make a video and post it so you can all see if for yourselves...hopefully, he'll be clothed....

Oh great...............................